• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's soccer is 0-4?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

4 hours ago, Rizman said:

The players he brought in were transfers from Jr. college or only using this program as a spring board to pro.  He was successful, that not the issue.  He brought in highly skilled players but they were not, repeat not Bulls.  Meaning they did not feel a stake in the program.   Different mindset on how to be successful.  Kiefer's worked, now Bob's is a different approach and will take time. 

Kentucky hoops has worked pretty well with that approach. I sure like the idea of bringing in "highly skilled players." That's not the approach of the current staff?  🙂

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,333
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

Kentucky hoops has worked pretty well with that approach. I sure like the idea of bringing in "highly skilled players." That's not the approach of the current staff?  🙂

Not true, just younger and not fully developed as players.  JR college players have more experience at a higher level then Freshman/Sophomores. He is trying to building them up and give himself a large stable of players.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

I'm definitely willing to give him time - as I am with most of the staffs on campus. Let's just hope he's up to the task because that's been a good program for a pretty long time.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, Rizman said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Butehorn 

I am sure you have seen this.  

Not great Bob..,

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'm definitely willing to give him time - as I am with most of the staffs on campus. Let's just hope he's up to the task because that's been a good program for a pretty long time.

My son played competitive soccer for eight years and his FishHawk teams were always pretty well aligned with USF. Lots of camps, clinics etc by USF' s coaches and Keifer himself. He was a great coach and players liked playing for him. USF was a well respected program for most of George's time at USF so not sure why some folks are knocking his success.

The only concern I heard was that he didn't recruit hyper local. Many quality kids didn't get offers as he did well at attracting international players.

Jury is still out on the new guy....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, CyberBull said:

My son played competitive soccer for eight years and his FishHawk teams were always pretty well aligned with USF. Lots of camps, clinics etc by USF' s coaches and Keifer himself. He was a great coach and players liked playing for him. USF was a well respected program for most of George's time at USF so not sure why some folks are knocking his success.

The only concern I heard was that he didn't recruit hyper local. Many quality kids didn't get offers as he did well at attracting international players.

Jury is still out on the new guy....

I don't know who brought them in but there are about 8 countries represented on the current team.  Maybe George's kids, maybe not. Haven't looked at that.