• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

4-8 and they ran out the favorite sone.  Call it what you want, but the team was much improved and call it incomplete.  Other two jobs were dumpster fires.  And I really have no opinion of the job done at Oregon.  I just think the whole argument against him is kind of funny.

I just find it funny that it’s unreasonable to find his career incomplete when he has left every program as soon as he has found marginal success and the start of this thread is about his comments on having a plan and implementing it once you have found that success.  Cwt found marginal success at WKU running Stanford’s pro style, he came here and tried to implement it and failed miserably, he smartly pivoted and found some success with his new Gulf Coast offense,  he then bolted before anyone really had to face it again, he then went to Oregon where he stayed for one year and made little difference before bolting and heading to FSU, where he will now be expected to find success immediately and then maintain it pretty much year in and year out. It’s a different animal and one he has never faced before, it’s not unreasonable that some maybe skeptical.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There is not one other person on the planet that would describe Oregon as a dumpster fire or would be as impressed by his one year there as you are. 

His first year there was quite a bit more impressive than his first year here.  Granted, our situation was much, MUCH worse, but he certainly did more with what he had than his predecessor did.  

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Your arguments are far too black and white/straw man, or you wantonly have blinders on.  No one is required to cheer for FSU just because CWT is there.  I would say most people just didn't care about FSU, but you do have more than a few "jilted lovers" that are USF fans and actively rooting against CWT because he left us for greener pastures.  

Even if you reduce my often hyperbolic statements I still think those numbers are less than you expect and probably perfectly align with those rooting against UF where no former head coach is reigning.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, puc86 said:

Even if you reduce my often hyperbolic statements I still think those numbers are less than you expect and probably perfectly align with those rooting against UF where no former head coach is reigning.

And my opinion is that this is an incredibly naive statement.  

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

And my opinion is that this is an incredibly naive statement.  

Idk make some posts about the Gator’s coach taking pot shots at us and I can assure you I will respond with at least this much vitriol (at least I have some fond memories of CWT).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

21 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Your arguments are far too black and white/straw man, or you wantonly have blinders on.  No one is required to cheer for FSU just because CWT is there.  I would say most people just didn't care about FSU, but you do have more than a few "jilted lovers" that are USF fans and actively rooting against CWT because he left us for greener pastures. 

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I'm guessing that Ga, like me, was basically referring to the reactions on this thread and it's littered with "jilted lovers" rather than ones just hatin on FSU because it's FSU ...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Idk make some posts about the Gator’s coach taking pot shots at us and I can assure you I will respond with at least this much vitriol (at least I have some fond memories of CWT).

Didn't he essentially support your gripes about the current  state of the program?  Is this a "I can talk about my family, but you can't" situation?

Edited by chapelbull

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Didn't he essentially support your gripes about the current  state of the program?  Is this a "I can talk about my family, but you can't" situation?

Yes only I’m allowed to complain about USF, everyone else that tries to do it is an a -hole (except maybe CJL who I would more than likely give a pass to since he got jobbed).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm guessing that Ga, like me, was basically referring to the reactions on this thread and it's littered with "jilted lovers" rather than ones just hatin on FSU because it's FSU ...

Maybe, I think It has more to do with his comments given his success and that he is the coach at FSU but I really am just guessing because typically coaches at FSU and UF haven’t had a lot of comments on us unless we were playing them.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I just think it's incredibly sad how USF fans want him to fail.  

Edited by ForestBull