• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays announce new stadium design for Ybor location

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Maybe more of an apathy for baseball in general .... which I'm hoping like hell is minor to the location being the main problem if the new stadium gets done .

Yeah, me too. Tampa doesn't need to be Miami 2.0, Tampa is too good of a city to be in that company.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

On 7/10/2018 at 9:14 PM, JTrue said:

Every stadium ever built has been a rip off for tax payers. Economic impact on the city has been proven to be ******** time and time again.

I think Suntrust Park and the surrounding Battery Atlanta is working out well for almost everyone.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

52 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I think Suntrust Park and the surrounding Battery Atlanta is working out well for almost everyone.

Pin this thread and we'll check back every 5 years. Cobb County is on the hook for what, $450 million? When your GM is on record saying they had to have the deal done in private rather than public because people would have ****, it's likely not a great deal for the taxpayers.

Edit: I'm deep into a bottle(s) of wine and can't see if your post is blurry because of me or sarcasm font.

Edited by JTrue

45 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Pin this thread and we'll check back every 5 years. Cobb County is on the hook for what, $450 million? When your GM is on record saying they had to have the deal done in private rather than public because people would have ****, it's likely not a great deal for the taxpayers.

Edit: I'm deep into a bottle(s) of wine and can't see if your post is blurry because of me or sarcasm font.

When you come off your wine-induced buzz and inevitable hangover, provide a link to the GM comments.  The public will always **** over hundreds of millions of dollars, but its genuinely a fun place and has become a popular hotspot, without negatively impacting the traffic and surrounding area.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/05/09/braves-revenue-keeps-growing-at-suntrust-park.amp.html

Here is an article that supports your point for 2/3 of the article.  However, it's like opening a new business, takes some time before the profits start rolling in. 

Either way, gentrification and development of the Turner Field area was never going to happen.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myajc.com/news/local/torpy-large-cobb-atm-helps-make-braves-cash-machine/T77gFZjR57wuBOmBxG1HFP/amp.html

19 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

When you come off your wine-induced buzz and inevitable hangover, provide a link to the GM comments.  The public will always **** over hundreds of millions of dollars, but its genuinely a fun place and has become a popular hotspot, without negatively impacting the traffic and surrounding area.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/05/09/braves-revenue-keeps-growing-at-suntrust-park.amp.html

https://www.11alive.com/article/sports/mlb/atlanta-braves/braves-president-cobb-deal-had-to-be-kept-under-wraps/253151902

Here's the GM comments.

12 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Here is an article that supports your point for 2/3 of the article.  However, it's like opening a new business, takes some time before the profits start rolling in. 

Either way, gentrification and development of the Turner Field area was never going to happen.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myajc.com/news/local/torpy-large-cobb-atm-helps-make-braves-cash-machine/T77gFZjR57wuBOmBxG1HFP/amp.html

And I never doubted the profits were going to roll in for the Braves.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

The president of the Atlanta Braves is defending the perceived lack of transparency in the team's move to Cobb County, saying it was the only way to get the deal done.

If that's what it takes here, hope they take that same route ...

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

If that's what it takes here, hope they take that same route ...

I am 100% in favor of the Rays moving to a new stadium in Ybor. I am also 100% convinced the city is going to fleeced in whatever deal gets done to make that happen and the people will never get a decent return on their investment in the form of jobs, economic impact, etc.

These two things are not mutually exclusive.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I am 100% in favor of the Rays moving to a new stadium in Ybor. I am also 100% convinced the city is going to fleeced in whatever deal gets done to make that happen and the people will never get a decent return on their investment in the form of jobs, economic impact, etc.

These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Agree ..... but I don't put it so eloquently: It's all about me, and I want them in Ybor.