• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We may have a kicking problem

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

22 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was thinking more of this scene:

A28B8AAC-F377-48F9-A56C-059FCA175551.jpeg

Well when you said 1/3 of the board....I was thinking would it be that many? The Mel Brooks scene from Blazing Saddles (1974) was a spoof of the original scene from the 1948 Humphrey Bogart Film "The Treasure of Sierra Madre". 

Cinema 101 USF Class of 1997 right there. Had to burn up those electives on something!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

Edited by usf97

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Can we kick it?

No we can't! 

Can we kick it?

No we can't! 

Can we kick it?

No we can't! 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Well when you said 1/3 of the board....I was thinking would it be that many? The Mel Brooks scene from Blazing Saddles (1974) was a spoof of the original scene from the 1948 Humphrey Bogart Film "The Treasure of Sierra Madre". 

Cinema 101 USF Class of 1997 right there. Had to burn up those electives on something!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

Probably correct...less than 30%. It’s funny that in today’s climate, a movie like that could never ever be made. Ol’ Mel had the philosophy by offending everyone no one can be mad. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Probably correct...less than 30%. It’s funny that in today’s climate, a movie like that could never ever be made. Ol’ Mel had the philosophy by offending everyone no one can be mad. 

Daniel tosh is still living and has a show, so it might could still work. can't see Brooks being more offensive than him. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649

You ever hear girls say that? "I'm not religious, but I'm spiritual." I like to reply with "I'm not honest, but you're interesting!"

• I hope God speaks English. If I get up to heaven and have to point at a menu, I'm gonna be pissed.
  • I'm actually all for gay marriage. Just the thought of having another man around the house...

i think that's about all from him I can post on here. But i promise no group is safe. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Daniel tosh is still living and has a show, so it might could still work. can't see Brooks being more offensive than him. 

You are correct Tosh does the same. Of course Brooks was a comedic genius with a long track record. Don’t watch too much of Tosh because he is a ucf grad...my hatrid runs deep. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are correct Tosh does the same. Of course Brooks was a comedic genius with a long track record. Don’t watch too much of Tosh because he is a ucf grad...my hatrid runs deep. 

I'm not really a fan either. Mostly due to his choice of school as well, although he used to make fun of UCF. I can't find those quotes anymore. He might have taken them down in recent years as he has returned to do shows there. i can't lie though, some of his one liners get me. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I'm not really a fan either. Mostly due to his choice of school as well, although he used to make fun of UCF. I can't find those quotes anymore. He might have taken them down in recent years as he has returned to do shows there. i can't lie though, some of his one liners get me. 

I used to watch him a lot more.  Funny, but I don't know how he gets away with some of the things he does/says in today's society.  lol

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Funny, but I don't know how he gets away with some of the things he does/says in today's society. 

Baffles me as well