• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

31 minutes ago, UCFChad said:

Have you researched old titles Alabama’s claimed or researched BYU’s National Championship year? Even undefeated Auburn claimed the title despite not being eligible to play in a bowl. UCF as National Champs has more credibility than all 3 and I fear at this stage of insanity we’ve all accepted the ESPN narrative more than facts and information. Thus, we’ve all lost. Smh. 

Here's a good rule of thumb. If you have to claim the title rather than someone else giving it to you, it's ********.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

36 minutes ago, UCFChad said:

Have you researched old titles Alabama’s claimed or researched BYU’s National Championship year? Even undefeated Auburn claimed the title despite not being eligible to play in a bowl. UCF as National Champs has more credibility than all 3 and I fear at this stage of insanity we’ve all accepted the ESPN narrative more than facts and information. Thus, we’ve all lost. Smh. 

Omg, here I thought you were just uber trolling and you're ******* serious ..... Please feel free to post any pictures from faux national championship parades and/or aux national championship banners ... and the year Auburn declared themselves national champions was before a playoff was implemented.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Here's a good rule of thumb. If you have to claim the title rather than someone else giving it to you, it's ********.

Actually all consensus titles are claimed. Unclaimed titles are those awarded by a major selector but not recognized by the school. I have never heard of a claimed title where a major selector doesn’t pick the team as #1. In 2010 TCU was #1 in the rankings of 1 selector, and in 2008 Utah was #1 in two rankings, but the schools did not claim a national title. I believe UCF has the chance to be #1 in 3 major selector rankings if Alabama beats Georgia in the CFP championship game. 

27 minutes ago, A UCF Fan said:

So?  The process seems to work fine for the NFL.  

If you don’t think this is about $$$ you are being naive. 

So how do we figure NCAA football wild cards?

Things are always about $$$ at some point, but it's also about getting things right and to get this right, you're always going to have opinions in the process .... and I am definitely not against expanding the playoffs, just that it won't be as "simple" as you seem to think it would be.

Just now, Triple B said:

So how do we figure NCAA football wild cards?

Things are always about $$$ at some point, but it's also about getting things right and to get this right, you're always going to have opinions in the process .... and I am definitely not against expanding the playoffs, just that it won't be as "simple" as you seem to think it would be.

Best way would be to have some sort of loss criteria to avoid a 3 or 4 loss conference champion sliding in (maybe have that for the non power 5), but at the very least any undefeated team should get a shot in the playoff. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13

You don't need a wildcard.  If you didn't win your conference you don't need to play for the Championship.  If a 3 or 4 loss team wins the conference they are either in a very tough conference or a very weak one.  Regardless, the playoff would answer the question on the field instead of a meeting  room.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Actually all consensus titles are claimed. Unclaimed titles are those awarded by a major selector but not recognized by the school. I have never heard of a claimed title where a major selector doesn’t pick the team as #1. In 2010 TCU was #1 in the rankings of 1 selector, and in 2008 Utah was #1 in two rankings, but the schools did not claim a national title. I believe UCF has the chance to be #1 in 3 major selector rankings if Alabama beats Georgia in the CFP championship game. 

Which 3 would those be?

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Which 3 would those be?

They are currently at #1 in Wolfe, and #2 in Colley Matrix and Anderson & Hester. In those two they trail only Georgia with a good sized lead on Alabama. You can do a hypothetical game of Alabama over Georgia on the Colley Matrix site and see UCF would be #1. 

Edited by bullsfan1983

20 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Best way would be to have some sort of loss criteria to avoid a 3 or 4 loss conference champion sliding in (maybe have that for the non power 5), but at the very least any undefeated team should get a shot in the playoff. 

If you're going to go with all conference champions, you shouldn't be putting any caveats on that.

Any undefeated team would have won their conference.

There is no simple solution to this.

18 minutes ago, A UCF Fan said:

You don't need a wildcard. 

Then why'd you bring up the NFL, then??

Name one NCAA championship that only has conference champions playing for it. There may be some but I can't think of them. This isn't as simple as you want to make it if you want to leave "opinions" out.