• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's the write up on recruiting from the Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

http://www.tampabay.com/article/20171220/ARTICLE/312209437/2326

Why am I not a fan of this CCS quote? Sounds like he is happy QF is leaving. 

"The good thing about it is…Sterlin has a system in place," Strong said. "So guys now just have to come in and get coached hard and just be willing to manage a game and become a leader at that position."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

7 minutes ago, usf97 said:

"The good thing about it is…Sterlin has a system in place," Strong said. "So guys now just have to come in and get coached hard and just be willing to manage a game and become a leader at that position."

I guess people read into things what they want to read into them. Don't see how that has anything to do with QF at all ... at least with any negative connotations.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679

This coaching staff and Q have been an odd couple since day one. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a little relived to be able to put in a QB of their choosing instead of one they inherited.  I believe most staffs feel that way. I think the quote is more about the staff getting their for their system guy than about Q. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

39 minutes ago, usf97 said:

http://eedition.tampabay.com/

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

This coaching staff and Q have been an odd couple since day one. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a little relived to be able to put in a QB of their choosing instead of one they inherited.  I believe most staffs feel that way. I think the quote is more about the staff getting their for their system guy than about Q. 

Coming into the season, QF was an established, talented quarterback in a high scoring offense.  If things went wrong, the coaches and offensive play calling could be blamed.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

Don’t see how you came to that conclusion from this statement 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679

7 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Coming into the season, QF was an established, talented quarterback in a high scoring offense.  If things went wrong, the coaches and offensive play calling could be blamed.

That's fine and dandy, but every coaching still wants their guy, to run their offense. Q is great, but there are a lot of systems that he can't run, an offense has to be adjusted to fit his mold. If strong believed that Flowers was the type of QB to run his offense, he would have offered him as a QB in high school. i'm not saying Q is bad and they should have started someone else, just that they are probably a little happy about the idea of getting their guy in their system. To be honest they probably really like O and have spent a ton of time developing him to run their system. they didn't have that kind of time with Q. Just had to role with it. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Totally different philosophy and that was easy to see from day one.  Strong is forgetting though that fans here want excitement, especially when we have the talent advantage.  He lost Kenneth Horsey to UK I hope he can land big time OL recruits and coach em up otherwise we are back to square one.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, usfbullrider said:

Totally different philosophy and that was easy to see from day one.  Strong is forgetting though that fans here want excitement, especially when we have the talent advantage.  He lost Kenneth Horsey to UK I hope he can land big time OL recruits and coach em up otherwise we are back to square one.

I’ll take wins over excitement 

• Upvote 1