• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gasparilla Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Another crazy question

Look at the ticket prices. Let's just assume for a minute that we could play FSU. IF you were going to spend $200+ on plane tickets + hotel + ground transportation +  game tickets... Look at pricing starting at the Crow's Nest and Shipwreck Party Deck and up. I know USF wouldn't get credit for these seats, but they would darn sure be better than what we'll get from USF.

Would you?

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Ugh...last bowl in the world these players deserve to play in. FSU make it a little better but not by much in my opinion. The venue is that bad. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

I so would love to play a wounded FSU in a bowl game

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

26 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ugh...last bowl in the world these players deserve to play in. FSU make it a little better but not by much in my opinion. The venue is that bad. 

All the baseball stadiums are HORRIBLE for football.  That Miami game was a joke in that place.  I actually thought Tropicana was way better than Miami in terms of sight lines and distance from the field.

4 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

All the baseball stadiums are HORRIBLE for football.  That Miami game was a joke in that place.  I actually thought Tropicana was way better than Miami in terms of sight lines and distance from the field.

Did not make the Miami Bowl but heard many with those same sentiments. I went to Fenway Park two weeks ago with a UMass alum and any seat that was not at least 30 yards from the field was pretty bad. These baseball stadiums for football just don’t work. 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

6 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Our seats weren't great in Miami...too low and behind home plate but corner of endzone for football, but that was a pretty fun bowl trip.  For the Trop bowl game we were in the endzone (RF seats in baseball configuration), so it wasn't very different from RayJay for us, although there wasn't a big screen tv to watch replays.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, JoeB said:

For the Trop bowl game we were in the endzone (RF seats in baseball configuration), so it wasn't very different from RayJay for us, although there wasn't a big screen tv to watch replays.

That was huge complaint at the Trop.  The video screen was behind 1/3 of the available seats (the USF endzone/right field).  I don't understand why they don't just move the field 90 degrees and make one endzone in left field instead of right.  It's symmetrical so it has to work.  That way everyone, no matter where seated, can see the video board.

7 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Our seats weren't great in Miami...too low and behind home plate but corner of endzone for football, but that was a pretty fun bowl trip.  For the Trop bowl game we were in the endzone (RF seats in baseball configuration), so it wasn't very different from RayJay for us, although there wasn't a big screen tv to watch replays.

I really don’t want to attend a football game to watch the video board. Sounds terrible. 

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

We arrived late for the St. Petersburg Bowl.  Spent about 15 minutes in the seats sold to us by the University and then watched the remainder of the game from the Everglades Brewhouse.  Definitely not the bowl experience we've grown to love and expect, but at least our streak is still intact.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

21 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

That was huge complaint at the Trop.  The video screen was behind 1/3 of the available seats (the USF endzone/right field).  I don't understand why they don't just move the field 90 degrees and make one endzone in left field instead of right.  It's symmetrical so it has to work.  That way everyone, no matter where seated, can see the video board.

Maybe the slant of the roof or the catwalks had something to do with that.