• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When you think we have it bad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The happiness thread got me thinking about my happiness about USF's season. I had us with one loss, to Houston, at the beginning of the season which with a brand new coaching staff would be great. We win out we have a pretty good chance for an access bowl. Our place in the grand scheme of college football could be better. But it could certainly be much worse. For example the folks at Southern Miss have a right to complain about the unfairness of life (although their efforts to keep us out of CUSA limit my sympathy).

In 2004 Southern Miss played in Conference-USA with TCU, Cincinnati, Louisville, Tulane, UAB, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, Army and USF.

Today Southern Miss plays in Conference-USA with FAU (Started in 2001, FBS in 2004); FIU (started in 2002, FBS in 2004); Marshall; Western Kentucky; Middle Tennessee; Old Dominion (started in 2009, FBS in 2013); UNC-Charlotte (started 2013, FBS in 2015); North Texas; UAB (Shut down program for 2015 and 2016 seasons); UT- San Antonio(Started 2011; FBS 2012); Louisiana Tech; Rice; UTEP

Just be glad that our location will long term help us and not hold us back.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

19 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

The happiness thread got me thinking about my happiness about USF's season. I had us with one loss, to Houston, at the beginning of the season which with a brand new coaching staff would be great. We win out we have a pretty good chance for an access bowl. Our place in the grand scheme of college football could be better. But it could certainly be much worse. For example the folks at Southern Miss have a right to complain about the unfairness of life (although their efforts to keep us out of CUSA limit my sympathy).

In 2004 Southern Miss played in Conference-USA with TCU, Cincinnati, Louisville, Tulane, UAB, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, Army and USF.

Today Southern Miss plays in Conference-USA with FAU (Started in 2001, FBS in 2004); FIU (started in 2002, FBS in 2004); Marshall; Western Kentucky; Middle Tennessee; Old Dominion (started in 2009, FBS in 2013); UNC-Charlotte (started 2013, FBS in 2015); North Texas; UAB (Shut down program for 2015 and 2016 seasons); UT- San Antonio(Started 2011; FBS 2012); Louisiana Tech; Rice; UTEP

Just be glad that our location will long term help us and not hold us back.

That's some serious quantity.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

Worse than some but thankfully better than most. That's how I see us. Hopefully our better trend will continue/increase. Move to another conference? Power 6 gets the nod? Key for us? Just keep winning....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

49 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Worse than some but thankfully better than most. That's how I see us. Hopefully our better trend will continue/increase. Move to another conference? Power 6 gets the nod? Key for us? Just keep winning....

Our best chance is a Power 4.  Looking at the attendance woes of our schools I can't believe there is any kind of national demand, TV wise, for our conference as a whole to get us to M6 status.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

Oh Ye of little faith...

Oh hell, you gotta have hope that the dominos will fall in line at some point. Hard to say. You watch some of these games like Oregon at what 4-4? And packed stands..amazing fans. You read that due to trends in colleges to have higher percentages of students not born in the US they don't have the same grasp or draw to our football since it isn't played in their countries. Our attendance is an issue for sure for us and other AAC schools..not Navy though. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

WTF?