• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did we hire the Charlie Strong of Texas or Louisville?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

I agree.  Just hoping Strong figures it out at some point like Taggart did.  

I think he will leave after this year. He doesn’t look like he wants to be here. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Wildrover said:

CCS at Texas and Louisville are the same animal.  He was successful at Louisville because he had a stacked cupboard facing inferior competition.  he was hired away before getting exposed.  Many will say I'm saying this tonight as an emotional reaction to a sore loss.  That's a fair counterpoint since I haven't been here in a while.  My evidence,  which is future evidence,  will be how much of a step back we take next year.

Nebraska's three yards and a cloud of dust doesn't exist anymore, not even in Nebraska.  yet,  we have a coach who has so much faith in an OC who seems to believe in that,  despite having a stable of thoroughbreds built for speed and not a lot of corn-fed bovine built to push the smaller opponent aside, this is the best system for us.  It suggests an old school 'I'm right caused it worked before"  mentality and not a "build around the strengths of the players I have mentality" 

Coaches should have no system in my opinion except that they build around the players they have.  Forcing players to adhere to systems that are not suited to their talents is folly yet something we are seeing not only in CCS and Gilbert but around the country in all kinds of sports.  As a business scholar its management 101,  you as the boss do what needs to be done to provide the environment that will get the most out of your people.  the old school way of forcing your people to bend to you will doesn't yield the best results in business,  why haven't htey figured that out in football? 

$0.02

Well spoken.  'Kinda reminds us of Willie Taggert and his "Shift Offense," so to speak.  At least he learned his lesson and now is making more money at a higher profile job.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think there is a lot of fantasizing. Mack and adams would still be gone. Defense generally would have been worse and Taggart was not much better in game management. 

Which player would have been able to get tge edge consistently in Taggart's offense? Cause neither DJ or Tice have not shown they can. 

Tonight may have looked like Temple last year. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

I agree.  Just hoping Strong figures it out at some point like Taggart did.  

it's too late. He's about to have a lot of fantastic talent graduate.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

it's too late. He's about to have a lot of fantastic talent graduate.

The guy can recruit.  He can still be very successful here if he figures it out.  

24 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

The guy can recruit.  He can still be very successful here if he figures it out.  

I don’t think he stays around long enough to figure it out. He doesn’t seem to like coaching us. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I don’t think he stays around long enough to figure it out. He doesn’t seem to like coaching us. 

There will be a lot of P5 openings soon enough.  Maybe someone takes a chance on him.  I don't see Bielema lasting at Arkansas.  UF is pure meltdown mode and about to can McIlwain.

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

There will be a lot of P5 openings soon enough.  Maybe someone takes a chance on him.  I don't see Bielema lasting at Arkansas.  UF is pure meltdown mode and about to can McIlwain.

Hopefully one of them will take him off our hands. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

Hopefully one of them will take him off our hands. 

UF will go Mullen or Frost, but Arkansas could be a nice landing spot for Strong.

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

UF will go Mullen or Frost, but Arkansas could be a nice landing spot for Strong.

I could see them hiring Frost. Honestly it would be a good fit for them