• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seeking opinons for name change

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

That was the biggest pile of bull I have ever heard.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  55

What about the U. of West Florida? That seems more apropos.

See you Oct. 22nd.

::beersign:

::lmao::

[smiley=FIREdevil.gif]

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Everyone now circle Sat 11/26 on your calendar

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What about the U. of West Florida? That seems more apropos.

See you Oct. 22nd.

::beersign:

::lmao::

[smiley=FIREdevil.gif]

It's already taken.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Anger management classes will start August 1,2005.  Nice welcome to a new new poster.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Welcome to South Florida...  :-[

Don't take offense DW, we've all been through this before...there's another university in Florida that makes it a point to talk geography instead of wins - so it's just an old debate for us.

People know where you are when you win.  We'll let that take its course.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

More perspective:  University of Central Florida is northeast of Tampa.  Anything south of "central" Florida is in "south" FL.  Hence...our alma mater is the University of South Florida.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160

No offense taken. I could have worded my request with a bit more diplomacy ... to be mild ;)  

Let me now say, I see the light. USF is a perfect name. Heck, my Alma Mater is CCSU.  They have been to the NCAA BB tournament.  Are you all impressed?

It stands for Central Connecticut State University.  Explains a lot now doesn't it  ;D  I am glad to see you all have such pride in your school name. After all, UCONN is already taken and so is UNLV and UCLA.  There are only so many great acronyms out there.  And crap, everyone knows PSU is PENN STATE ..... then there's Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Iowa State & Florida State to just name a few more .....  so I suppose USF could catch on someday - IT IS REALLY CATCHY.  STILL, there will come a day .... perhaps not for a long while yet ...  BUT IT WILL COME when everyone will know USF as a powerful FB program.  So what the f%^# is in a name?  Games are won on the field - not in marketing. A USF grad would certainly know that, right?

If it is true that USF has 18,000 season ticket holders, then you are not doing as bad as some have been reporting on other boards. I wish USF well in their first big league season. Certainly marked down 11/26/05 or what ever that Uconn date is. You'll be impressed to see a sold out stadium of mostly Uconn faithful waiting for ya (we even sell out Div I-AA games so I have little doubt we will sell out USF).

DW

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

I hope you are being sarcastic - Tampa State sounds like some Division III school, and University of Tampa Bay sounds like some kind of school for working professionals at night, like University of Phoenix or something like that.

PS. did you notice that most schools are dropping "State" from the name, eg. Troy State is now just Troy.

South Florida is Dade/Broward/Monroe/Palm Beach counties.  USF is not in South Florida.  Nothing you say will change that fact.  I live in South Florida and constanlty have to explain why USF has its name (after they stop laughing).  It is a pain in the a$$ when you live in South Florida and maybe that is why it bothers me so much.  Fresno State seems to be doing well with their name and SDSU is as well.  I would be willing to take another name if you can come up with one.  Like I said before, the name will never change, so I am going to have to deal with it.  

8)