• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2018 Class Early Signing Period

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wonder how many, if any of our, "commitments" will sign early.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I don't suspect many will considering the talk around CCS potentially leaving.

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

6 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I just assumed that almost all of them would.

Now that you bring it up, I still think that most of them will.

I would love to know how many of them are planning to enroll early. That way we can better estimate how many scholarships are left.

6 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I don't suspect many will considering the talk around CCS potentially leaving.

I can see your point.

However, there will always be talk about CCS possibly leaving for a P5 school.

I'm sure that was already considered a possibility by just about every recruit before they committed to USF.

You can say the same thing about the UCF coach. He's also been mentioned for some P5 schools. In his case, it wasn't so obvious. Now, their commits have to give that some thought.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the early signing period. 

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

I can see your point.

However, there will always be talk about CCS possibly leaving for a P5 school.

I'm sure that was already considered a possibility by just about every recruit before they committed to USF.

You can say the same thing about the UCF coach. He's also been mentioned for some P5 schools. In his case, it wasn't so obvious. Now, their commits have to give that some thought.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the early signing period. 

I agree, they did have to know that CCS could leave before committing but as long as they are only verbal they can leave as soon as strong does. So committing at this point is one thing, but enrolling early is a step that I don't believe the top ones will take. Granted that still does leave a number of other recruits who might not have the same options and would stay regardless of coach. I also believe that school in Orlando will lose their top guys as soon as Frost in gone too. 

39 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I agree, they did have to know that CCS could leave before committing but as long as they are only verbal they can leave as soon as strong does. So committing at this point is one thing, but enrolling early is a step that I don't believe the top ones will take. Granted that still does leave a number of other recruits who might not have the same options and would stay regardless of coach. I also believe that school in Orlando will lose their top guys as soon as Frost in gone too. 

Well, we don't currently have any four star players. I'm pretty sure that there are some of those who are considering USF, but might be waiting until February to see what happens with CCS.

I could also see some of the few higher rated three star commits we do have might wait, not only to see what happens with CCS, but because they are hoping for more and better P5 offers.

The one thing you should realize is that schools are filling up very fast. USF already  has 25 commits. So, a commit would be taking a big chance by NOT signing early with us. He could very quickly lose HIS spot, if he waits and there is no guaranty he will end up in a better situation.

That is why I still expect most of our 25 commits to sign early.

Edited by Mama_Bull

10 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Well, we don't currently have any four star players. I'm pretty sure that there are some of those who are considering USF, but might be waiting until February to see what happens with CCS.

I could also see some of the few higher rated three star commits we do have might wait, not only to see what happens with CCS, but because they are hoping for more and better P5 offers.

The one thing you should realize is that schools are filling up very fast. USF already  has 25 commits. So, a commit would be taking a big chance by NOT signing early with us. He could very quickly lose HIS spot, if he waits and there is no guaranty he will end up in a better situation.

That is why I still expect most of our 25 commits to sign early.

I can see that point,   It all really comes down to how these kids have been recruited. Are they committed because of CCS, or are they committed because they believe USF is the best place for them to be. Unfortunately, unless you were in the meeting and the one on one talks between the recruiter and the athelte, you can't know for sure what is being said. I just don't believe that USF is a destination spot for the average high school athlete creating a hesitation to sign early because once you sign, its official, no matter what strong or the other assistance do. 

There could be an argument made that Strong (if he is secretly considering leaving) would hold off on pushing the early signing in hopes of bring recruits with him. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

whats the early commit deadline again? This is the first year its happening correct?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, NYCbull said:

whats the early commit deadline again? This is the first year its happening correct?

December 20th - 22nd

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

December 20th - 22nd

I that’s the case than if coach Strong is leaving he is doing so before December 20th.