• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 7 Games of Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

7 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I personally like Navy over Memphis. I don't think the knights can take Navy. So if Navy losses to Memphis then beats the knights, they will mess all of this ranked future opponent stuff up. 

If on the other hand they beat Memphis and stay ranked, both teams might be able to survive the top 25 showdown and we'll get a ranked opponent either way.

I think Navy has a much better chance to win @Memphis than they do at home against UCF.

Look at what UCF did to Memphis: 70-31.

The UCF QB has only been sacked once this season. He might put up more points on Navy than Memphis. Plus, UCF has a much better defense than Memphis.

Remember, Navy still has to play @ND and @Houston and they wont be favored in either game.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

26 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I think Navy has a much better chance to win @Memphis than they do at home against UCF.

Look at what UCF did to Memphis: 70-31.

The UCF QB has only been sacked once this season. He might put up more points on Navy than Memphis. Plus, UCF has a much better defense than Memphis.

Remember, Navy still has to play @ND and @Houston and they wont be favored in either game.

That Memphis game was highly uncharacteristic of Memphis and it was in the bounce house. As for the sack numbers,  have they played any defenses known for getting after the quarterback?

Houston is not the team we knew and respected from years prior. Now Notre Dame is legit this year, but I believe Navy plays the knights before Navy and ND meet. So ND vs NAVY could be a top 25 showdown. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

That Memphis game was highly uncharacteristic of Memphis and it was in the bounce house. As for the sack numbers,  have they played any defenses known for getting after the quarterback?

Houston is not the team we knew and respected from years prior. Now Notre Dame is legit this year, but I believe Navy plays the knights before Navy and ND meet. So ND vs NAVY could be a top 25 showdown. 

Navy only has only made TWO sacks this year.

I don't see Navy putting much pressure on either the Memphis or UCF QB. Both Memphis and UCF will score a lot on NAVY.

Edited by Mama_Bull

6 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Navy only has only made TWO sacks this year.

I don't see Navy putting much pressure on either the Memphis or UCF QB. Both Memphis and UCF will score a lot on NAVY.

I think with that in mind Navy can pull a Temple and play a game of possession. Not sure about Memphis but glancing at the knights numbers, they didn't look balanced at all. Shoot that triple option is mean...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Memphis is so bad on defense...really terrible. Navy will score easly on them. The problem is that Navy defense is just as bad. This will be a high scoring game. The last team with the ball may win. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

The two stats that will matter the most in the Navy and Memphis game are time of possession, and turnovers. I know Navy will win TOP even if they lose but if they dominate it like they can, there won't be much memphis can do. If Memphis  wins both, they win hands down. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Memphis was the favorite the past 2 years and Navy beat them. All bets are off against the triple option. It can be hard to stop for a young defense that is unfamiliar. On the other hand if Memphis jumps out by a couple touchdowns it is difficult for Navy to play from behind. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

Or you could give credit that maybe it was the defensive line and home field advantage that rattled him? A beatdown like that is not luck.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

3 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

Or you could give credit that maybe it was the defensive line and home field advantage that rattled him? A beatdown like that is not luck.

If you want an untainted assessment, you may want to try an AAC message board, not a USF fan forum ...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ambienknights said:

As a USF fan I've seen plenty high scores put up on both teams with a broken spirit AND teams that had fight but no personnel to back it up. I believe Memphis fell into that first category. 

I just don't think they came ready to play and lost heart. If the knights beat Navy like that in their house they'll earn my attention. I'll definitely watch their game. Admittedly I've watched more of their games this year than I ever had before.