• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Illinois game vs. other 3 games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Except for Stonybrook (and to degree that one too) we have dominated every game. In every game our first team has been on the sidelines for a good portion of the 4th quarter. 

Style points are earned on both sides of the ball. Its just more flashy on the offensive side. 

Last year we did have the ball in our hands and we dropped it with a loss to Temple. 

Another TD in the 4th quarter against a crappy team is not going to make much of an impact in the big scheme of things.  Is it going to make such a big deal at the end of the year that SDSU pulled out a last minute victory over a 7-5 unranked Stanford team or a 6-6 Air Force team or winning close games vs Boise when we are already winning our games by 3 or more TDs?  All things being equal, we have a tougher conference.  The only difference is their schedule included a name brand in Stanford that may not be ranked or even make a bowl game.  

Without getting caught up in the details of every play our wins have been more stylish and dominant.

Thinking another TD in garbage time puts us over the top is of the same mentality that all teams had to do was win and they would get the P5 bid.  There is more to it than that. We are winning dominantly on both sides of the ball. As long as we continue to do so it will be recognized.

As far as Flowers goes, the thing I have been most impressed with him is his ball protection and smarts  i don't think we have had a QB as smart with the ball since Blackwell or if ever.  

He has had a lot of drops.  I think the coaches also put him in a position of low percentage passes.  He has been in games like these before . He always rises to the occasion.  I have no worries that this guy is a leader and a winner.  He will do whatever he can to win the conference. Of thath I am confident