• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Johnson injury

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I didnt even see Danny Thomas get in the game last week.  Khalid Mcgee was the first off the bench. Something was going on with our LB depth last week.

I didn't see McGee out there but I'll take your word for it. I know for the late TD that got called back the LB core was Nico and Bayes. CCS put auggie back in there and they hit the throw back to bring it within two scores 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF journal: Keirston Johnson expected to play Saturday

• Josh Fiallo

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:16pm

USF defensive tackle Bruce Hector (60) and defensive end Josh Black (55) converge on Cincinnati quarterback Hayden Moore during the Bulls' 33-3 triumph on Oct. 14

OCTAVIO JONES | Times

USF defensive tackle Bruce Hector (60) and defensive end Josh Black (55) converge on Cincinnati quarterback Hayden Moore during the Bulls' 33-3 triumph on Oct. 14

In the war of attrition that is late October, USF is getting freshman LB Keirston Johnson back just in time for Houston and its 33rd-ranked passing offense (270 ypg), which comes to Raymond James Stadium on Saturday.

Johnson, who had been sidelined since taking a hard hit to the chest against Temple on Sept. 21, practiced again Wednesday and is expected to play Saturday, Bulls defensive coordinator Brian Jean-Mary said.

“Everybody is in the same situation when you start getting closer to November,” Jean-Mary said. “The more bodies we can have this time of year, it’s always a plus.”

Before his injury, Johnson had at least one tackle in each of the four weeks he played — including at least one a game.

“It’s whatever bodies you have available,” Jean-Mary said. “Not even fully healthy bodies, but bodies who are able to play. You just have to play the guys that are available and hope they’re as productive as the guys who were starting before them.”

Read more at:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/usf-journal-keirston-johnson-expected-to-play-saturday/2342353

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, IBulleve said:

I didn't see McGee out there but I'll take your word for it. I know for the late TD that got called back the LB core was Nico and Bayes. CCS put auggie back in there and they hit the throw back to bring it within two scores 

Look for 21. I had do a double take and checked the roster to who it was. Danny thomas did not make it out there but Mcgee was out there for the long touchdown run