• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cincy celebrates Big East Day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

Not wanting to be wet blanket here but which would we be more ashamed of, not having one or having one and no one showing up?

just got back from 5 days in vegas and catching up on all the "fun reading" on here.  Have to make a comment on this thread.  This is NOT smack or even close to it, so don't misinterpret my comments.  Trip is so correct though.  I was at a O'Leary kickoff dinner couple weeks ago and one of the things he chastied all  UCF people about was our Lack of traveling to away games.  I don't know how usf travels to away games, but it would be more embarrising to have some kind of NBE function and have  a small to no crowd.  The media would eat that up.  Both of our schools have little to no history with these kind of events and sadly have not started.  I am in awe of how other schools celebrate these kind of functions.  Hopefully in the future our schools can grow and show similar school spirit.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

BULL83  it's been filled! He starts in 2 weeks. Hopefully he will add some schmaltz to the dept.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  20

One of these events already happened at the building with Tranghese, but it was invite only.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

BULL83  it's been filled! He starts in 2 weeks. Hopefully he will add some schmaltz to the dept.  

i figured it would be by now... but the lovely USF site still lists the position.  it's been posted for at least a month or two, so surely they could find someone half decent by now.  

doubtful he will make that big of an impact, since last person they had there got pretty much everything rejected due to lack of a budget and differences with higher ups

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

on July 1, I know Louisville had an earlier celebration of it. I wonder if USF is plannining on one also.

http://www.uc.edu/cpaw/

As I recall the Welcome to the Big East happened at the Spring Game....I know in the plans to have the scrimmage on campus included was the unfurling of the Big East flag and other BE related events including the visit from Mike Tranghese...did he attend the Spring Game?  I thought he did.  Ladies and gents I believe that was it for us.

I seem to recall Tranghese already made his visit to quite a bit less fanfare.  I could be wrong, but I believe it's been done.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

your new indoor football facility,

Only pansy programs in Florida have indoor football facilities ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

11486755.jpg

Please conduct all USF/UCF (pansy) talk on the appropriate board:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=04012005

just got back from 5 days in vegas and catching up on all the "fun reading" on here.  Have to make a comment on this thread.  This is NOT smack or even close to it, so don't misinterpret my comments.  Trip is so correct though.  I was at a O'Leary kickoff dinner couple weeks ago and one of the things he chastied all  UCF people about was our Lack of traveling to away games.  I don't know how usf travels to away games, but it would be more embarrising to have some kind of NBE function and have  a small to no crowd.  The media would eat that up.  Both of our schools have little to no history with these kind of events and sadly have not started.  I am in awe of how other schools celebrate these kind of functions.  Hopefully in the future our schools can grow and show similar school spirit.

I think it all boils down to having a history and tradition which ususally comes after more than just a little success on the field/court. Both UC and L'ville have that so the Big East move has been embraced and highlighted more in those communities .......

11486755.jpg

Please conduct all USF/UCF (pansy) talk on the appropriate board:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=04012005

K_D's post should have been moved .................... IMHO.  8)

BTW, I didn't mention any schools how did you know I was referring to them?   ::)

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,518
  • Days Won:  10

i figured it would be by now... but the lovely USF site still lists the position.  

The same site that does nothing to tout the new athletic facility.

Here is the Facilities page, you'll be impressed:

http://gobulls.usf.edu/admin/facilities.htm