• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is USF overcharging for Season tickets and costing themselves butts in the seats?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, bulls phanatic said:

Maybe they should consider running a discount on season tickets at the end of this month to increase sales if they don't increase as expected. A big turnout would be great. 

That's fine but what about those who bought early? Do they get the discount too?

• Like 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Most of the people on this board are going to go to the games regardless of price (as long as it it not ridiculous) The difference is not going to effect us. However the diehards are not enough. Our atmosphere at the games is embarrassing. We cant even come close to filling the lower deck. **** we couldn't even sell out FSU last year. I am talking about getting the causal fan or USF alumn that would consider bringing his family if the prices were better. If we charged what UCF does you could save $10 a ticket per game. If you have 4 tickets that is a savings of $40  a game and almost $280 a year. That is a decent savings. 

Honestly, I didnt renew. I'll be at all the games but I feel I will save money buying on the secondary market.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

I think USF pays a minimum of $175,000/gm to RayJay and gets very little from parking fees.

Memphis just reworked our lease with the Liberty Bowl and it's pretty similar.

we will pay:

$50,000 -- parking fee per game
$39,200 -- base rent per game
$25,000 -- advertising fee per game
$7,800 -- suite costs per game

So our costs per game to the city are $122,000.

thing is, we turn right around and sell everyone of those parking spots (4,000 parking spots at the Liberty Bowl) to our fans for profit...same with the suites.

I know our entry level season ticket is 130 bucks so your lease and ticket pricing seems pretty reasonable.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Overcharging for USF games?  What's entertainment worth to you?  If your opinion is tickets are expensive now just wait until our OCS is built.  

As for the Liberty Bowl, and with all due respect to Memphis (a great city), the entire stadium isn't worth $122K.  Its a dump.

Go Bulls!

2 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Overcharging for USF games?  What's entertainment worth to you?  If your opinion is tickets are expensive now just wait until our OCS is built.  

As for the Liberty Bowl, and with all due respect to Memphis (a great city), the entire stadium isn't worth $122K.  Its a dump.

Go Bulls!

that just tells me you haven't been there since 34 million was invested by the City...now they want some of that back.

no offense to USF but playing in a stadium with red seats and a pirate ship is pretty ridiculous...but we both do what's financially and practically prudent.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

11 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

no offense to USF but playing in a stadium with red seats and a pirate ship is pretty ridiculous...but we both do what's financially and practically prudent.

Correct.  

(Past) time to move on campus, Bulls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

USF gets 3000 parking spaces at no charge. They sell them to season ticket holders         for the season @ $15/game.  3000 x $15 = $45,000 in revenue per game. That's potentially $270,000 for a 6 game season, or $340,000 for a 7 game season.   

IMO,  comparing Liberty ( the little sombrero) Bowl to the RJ is silly.

and we sell our Tiger lane spots (800 spots) for over 25 per game as each spot comes equipped with a bench, light, power outlet, and 11x11 grass spot.

this ugly empty concrete jungle:

9651.jpg

was transformed into Tiger Lane:

Tiger%20Lane%20-%20aerial_0.jpg

the rest of the spots go for 15 per spot

that's the potential for up to 68,000 per game or 408,000 per season.

our old lease was 75,000 total per game...now it's 122,000 but the lease offers us a new revenue steam to counter the increased cost 

Memphis (the city) also renovated the Locker Rooms:

8c7a_5077684_ver1.0_640_480.jpeg

and added 5000 chair back seats WITH CUP HOLDERS!!!!!! (I know you guys get all excited about those)

Liberty-Bowl-1030x579.jpg

doing so dropped capacity from 61,000 to under 59k

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Ghetto Fabulous!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, UofMemphis said:

that just tells me you haven't been there since 34 million was invested by the City...now they want some of that back.

They need to throw another couple of million into the sewer/septic system.  The stuff from the restrooms was bubbling out in the main concourse.  Not overly impressed with the stadium.  But Tiger Lane with your live mascot is killer.  Loved that.

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

They need to throw another couple of million into the sewer/septic system.  The stuff from the restrooms was bubbling out in the main concourse.  Not overly impressed with the stadium.  But Tiger Lane with your live mascot is killer.  Loved that.

this off season involved redoing the rest rooms on the home side (older 60s side)...they now have new toilets and all the stalls are ADA compatible...plus the bathrooms are heated/air conditioned.

originally the Liberty Bowl had one side a lot higher than the other.

xxxx_masp_memphis_showboats11_1435695582  

the visitor side was expanded and renovated in 1989 so the plumbing is fine on that side of the stadium

Edited by UofMemphis