• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First Loss of 2017 ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, Gismo said:

1-2 loss season.

Likely culprits:

Illinois, Houston, Cincy, UCF... 

7 hours ago, Ionbull said:

We WILL NOT lose  to C Florida

I think UCF will be a loss.

We very well might be undefeated at that point but they would love to spoil our season.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, MMW said:

I think UCF will be a loss.

We very well might be undefeated at that point but they would love to spoil our season.

We will score at will on them they lost their entire D and their offense still is shaken at QB. Looking at their schedule they may win no more than 6 or 7 games. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We will score at will on them they lost their entire D and their offense still is shaken at QB. Looking at their schedule they may win no more than 6 or 7 games. 

It feels like a trap.  Let's say they only win 6-7 games and we are undefeated heading for the ACC CCG and/or looking down the barrel of a playoff invite or big bowl against someone respectable.  This game will be on the road for us and be a chance for them to redeem their entire season.

It will mean a lot more to them and they will be dangerous at home.  It will be our toughest game IMO but probably not our only loss.  

I guess my perspective is this will be an exciting season, like last year, and it will be great to be favored in all our games.  So much better than the post Leavitt years.  

It seems premature to be discussing an undefeated season.

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Hope it doesn't happen , but thinking an early season stumble against UCONN or ECU might happen. USF will be their bowl game and they will play out of their minds to win. Boise will be G5 rep at the Peach Bowl.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

13 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

Temple is in rebuild mold

Mold remediation is no laughing matter. If they truly have a mold problem, it could be a very expensive fix. 

• Upvote 2

As of right now, I think we make it to 9-0. There might be a slight scare along the way against a team that has no business hanging with us (UCONN, ECU, Tulane), but the last 3 against Houston, Tulsa, and UCF are the ones that worry me the most. Houston might have an upgrade at QB over Greg Ward, Jr. in Kyle Allen, the transfer from Texas A&M. He was 10-5 as a starter with A&M, starting the last 5 games of 2014 as a true freshman and his stats were pretty solid. He lead A&M to victories at Auburn and over West Virginia in a bowl game. Then, in 2015, he put up really good numbers as well. His only two bad games came in back-to-back weeks against Alabama and at Ole Miss. The Houston game should almost certainly be a test. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Mold remediation is no laughing matter. If they truly have a mold problem, it could be a very expensive fix. 

Mode. Lol

41 minutes ago, MMW said:

It feels like a trap.  Let's say they only win 6-7 games and we are undefeated heading for the ACC CCG and/or looking down the barrel of a playoff invite or big bowl against someone respectable.  This game will be on the road for us and be a chance for them to redeem their entire season.

It will mean a lot more to them and they will be dangerous at home.  It will be our toughest game IMO but probably not our only loss.  

I guess my perspective is this will be an exciting season, like last year, and it will be great to be favored in all our games.  So much better than the post Leavitt years.  

It seems premature to be discussing an undefeated season.

I am a fan, it's NEVER premature to discuss an undefeated season. If we are 11-0, we will also have something to play for...a lot more than UCF will to be sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I am a fan, it's NEVER premature to discuss an undefeated season. If we are 11-0, we will also have something to play for...a lot more than UCF will to be sure. 

The only time NOT to discuss an undefeated season is after the team suffers a loss. Until then, we are having an undefeated season. 

32 minutes ago, Atlanta Bull said:

Hope it doesn't happen , but thinking an early season stumble against UCONN or ECU might happen. USF will be their bowl game and they will play out of their minds to win. Boise will be G5 rep at the Peach Bowl.

I would agree with UCONN if it was a late October or November game but we are getting them early. ECU might only win 3 games all year.