• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SPT: Around the Horns Report

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'm surprised, depsite the bickering, that no one has mentioned the OOC home Men's Basketball game versus UAB. That will help our SOS for sure.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

usfmikeb- is your wife still working two jobs,kid?

why don't you support her for a change

what do you want to discuss?how little you know?

evidentiary procedures class.you mixing up two subjects bean counter

you have to move 2 thousand miles to get a job in detroit and you are commenting on my law degree.

you will be living fromyour wife's paycheck to paycheck for the rest of your life and you are commenting about me.you have alot of nerve

"I don't say whether I like it or not. I just play the games," -scbull-it is all bs.he picks the teams he plays.

leavitt hasn't said an honest word in two years.all bs and hype.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,817
  • Days Won:  22

Im glad we are keeping UAB in our schedule BUT we defeinetely DONT need to strengthen our Oout of conference schedule with the type of BE schedule we will have. I expect more Bethune's, FAU,FIU,Stetson type games on our schedule to save on travel and hopefully build win totals.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

"I don't say whether I like it or not. I just play the games," -scbull-it is all bs.he picks the teams he plays.

leavitt hasn't said an honest word in two years.all bs and hype.

One, the AD sets up the OOC games.  Two, all he said is that he's not going to say whether he likes it or not.  There's no opinions stated there, therefor no BS.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

One, the AD sets up the OOC games.  Two, all he said is that he's not going to say whether he likes it or not.  There's no opinions stated there, therefor no BS.

SC...its known (and stated by Leavitt) that he hates non-conf road games (especially tough BCS Games).

Few years ago, when the topic of "easy" scheduling was brought up by the ST Pete Times, Leavitt said this:

"Coach Jim Leavitt has one request for nonconference games: play them at Raymond James Stadium.

"I'd want them all home games," Leavitt said. "Whoever wants to come in here and play, because I think we owe that to the community.

"You figure you have eight games in the conference: four away, four home. So you want to (add the three nonconference games to) have seven games at home so the people in Tampa can watch you play."

------------

Now...do you really think he will LIKE to play at Miami and at Penn St this year?

KL

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Every coach in America would want the same thing JL just said.  They all want OCC games at home and would like easy ones to pad their record.  Conference games are always the key with possibly on annual rivalry game which often is a conference game.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,817
  • Days Won:  22

Agreed ALL coaches would want that, even your coach Gol has stated that he wants more home games. All those away games at BCS powerhouses will break your season.UCF has many examples of this.

With that said JL has played an away game vs a BCS team pretty much yearly:

2005: Penn St, Miami

2004: South Carolina

2003: Alabama

2002: Arkansas, Oklahoma

The Miami game was not going to be turned down because its a 1-1 so thats why it was done. otherwise it would have been another home game.

Playing 3 out of conference games AWAY vs BCS teams is a good recipe to destroy your season. Check all top 25 teams OCC games and youll get an idea.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

whaT IS THE  difference where we play these good teams

they will beat us on the road and at home

from this point on leavitt will  lose credibility everytime he opens his mouth

i can't wait until a week before the season and he says"the qb position is still up in the air"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,470
  • Days Won:  13

Im glad we are keeping UAB in our schedule BUT we defeinetely DONT need to strengthen our Oout of conference schedule with the type of BE schedule we will have. I expect more Bethune's, FAU,FIU,Stetson type games on our schedule to save on travel and hopefully build win totals.

I would expect quite the reverse... playing patsies before the Big East is actually bad for the team.  They won't be used to the higher caliber teams, and will struggle with their first few conference games.

Moreover, having better OOC games will improve our RPI... so if we can win 17-18 games- we could get an invite to the NCAA... but with lower-level OOC teams, we'd have to be in the 20-22 win area...

Oh, and the high profile tournaments (Maui, Puerto Rico, Alaska, etc) would also be a big lift to USF.

Finally, higher level opposition season-long can be a benefit to top recruits... because they will be able to compare themselves to the best of the best...

JMHO...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Bill O'Reilly ordered everyone in the country to stop reading the St Pete Times, what are you doing?!

Ordering a lifetime subscription ........