• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SPT: Around the Horns Report

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

times.gif

Rough schedule? USF's Leavitt says bring it on

By GREG AUMAN, Times Staff Writer

Published June 3, 2005

HOMOSASSA - USF coach Jim Leavitt knows his football team is taking a big step this fall, but he's not getting caught up in talk of how tough the schedule will be.

"I don't say whether I like it or not. I just play the games," said Leavitt, one of several coaches speaking Thursday at the Riverside Resort to open USF's Around the Horns tour of the state. "It's a pretty difficult challenge, and most people don't think we'll do much. But our guys are excited about playing and going after it, seeing how competitive we'll be."

With seven Big East games and trips to Penn State and Miami, the Bulls have the toughest schedule in the state and the eighth-toughest in Division I-A, according to rankings published this week by Sportsline.com.

Florida is No. 27, Miami is No. 42 and Florida State No. 58, and the Big East has seven of the 12 toughest schedules.

BULLS BITS: Men's basketball coach Robert McCullum said USF will continue to play longtime rival Alabama-Birmingham even though the schools will be in different conferences this season. The Bulls and Blazers have played in all but one season since 1979, and UAB will come to Tampa in December. The Bulls host Michigan as part of a December doubleheader that also features the women's team hosting NCAA runnerup Michigan State. ... USF women's coach Jose Fernandez said he plans to start freshman Shantia Grace of Sarasota, the state Class 6A player of the year, at point guard next season. ... The coaches' tour stops Monday at Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club. That gathering originally was designated for fans from Hillsborough and Pasco counties, but a Pinellas County stop scheduled for Tuesday in Oldsmar was canceled, so Monday's golf outing and dinner will now cover all three counties. For more information, check out gousfbulls.com.

Story Link

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

more leavitt bs

we will not be all that competitive

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Bill O'Reilly ordered everyone in the country to stop reading the St Pete Times, what are you doing?!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

more leavitt bs

smazza, I'm going to take you to task on this.  What part of what he said is bs?

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

smazza, I'm going to take you to task on this.  What part of what he said is bs?

Smazza is incapable of a coherent discussion, much less actually providing evidence for any of his statements.  Evidently the cracker jack box he got his legal degree at didn't have an evidentiary procedures class.

Bill O'Reilly ordered everyone in the country to stop reading the St Pete Times, what are you doing?!

What I find amusing is that once again our so-called hometown newspaper, the bumbling Tribune, chooses to not cover such events...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Smazza is incapable of a coherent discussion, much less actually providing evidence for any of his statements.  Evidently the cracker jack box he got his legal degree at didn't have an evidentiary procedures class.

I know.  That's exactly why I do this.  He'll call me some name, then presume he know's something about my life, and then tell me I know nothing.  Thereby, deflecting from the original question.

I know.  That's exactly why I do this.  He'll call me some name, then presume he know's something about my life, and then tell me I know nothing.  Thereby, deflecting from the original question.

He's the king of that kind of stuff, he's like the little dog that's always barking but has no bite.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

He's the king of that kind of stuff, he's like the little dog that's always barking but has no bite.

::lmao::

A Chihuahua?  

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

What I find amusing is that once again our so-called hometown newspaper, the bumbling Tribune, chooses to not cover such events...

The Times also out scooped them by attending some of the Big East meetings in Punta Gorda.  I'm tiring of the Tribune's consistently pessimistic attitude regarding USF.  Part of this has to do about the Times getting the sponsorship.  

SAD!