• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kingston interviewing in SC

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

Did you say Ath-a-let-ics?

I'm already tired of this story.  Let's move on.

Good for Kingston that he could enrich himself.  It's not hard to win in baseball in the peninsula state.  It's real hard in Montana or the Ukraine.

If that cat wants to move on, let him.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Good for Kingston that he could enrich himself.  It's not hard to win in baseball in the peninsula state.  It's real hard in Montana or the Ukraine.

Lol fixed it. Been a long crazy week.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

Appreciate the attitude.  But our last 20 years or so of baseball would suggest maybe it isn't quite so easy.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

Long story there that some here don't like to hear.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

33 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Appreciate the attitude.  But our last 20 years or so of baseball would suggest maybe it isn't quite so easy.

That old Red McEwen field was a terrible college baseball facility. Coach Eddie C had it tough. Thanks to Woolard, USF now has a nice baseball facility. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

9 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

That old Red McEwen field was a terrible college baseball facility. Coach Eddie C had it tough. Thanks to Woolard, USF now has a nice baseball facility. 

Woolard did get a lot of great work done on facilities.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Goddammit....:facepalm: I cant stand this much longer. I'm tired of being a stepping stone.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Based on what I've heard on the S.C. sports talk radio the Gamecock fans aren't too happy about having a "non-big name" coach. They also mentioned that USF has terrible athletic fan support but qualified that with the fact that we have to compete with pro teams and the Gulf.

In previous posts i was super jacked about USF athletics this year from fall to spring. My biggest hopes lie in what this baseball team could have done. Now, not so sure. its not just Kingston leaving a potential world series team but the fact now that any player can also leave. Dont really think you saw that so much with the football team when Slippery Willie left so I'm holding out hope. This is exactly one of the reasons why we are always saying wait'll next year, wait'll next year.

1 minute ago, bullcocky101 said:

Based on what I've heard on the S.C. sports talk radio the Gamecock fans aren't too happy about having a "non-big name" coach. They also mentioned that USF has terrible athletic fan support but qualified that with the fact that we have to compete with pro teams and the Gulf.

Well its true, we do have a terrible fan base outside of football. I see it every non-football game i go to. Its embarrassing. But don't call me a super fan, because you know, that might be considered derogatory. As far as Kingston goes, as soon as the fans get to meet him, they will change their tune. This guy may just be the best coach that has come through USF doors. He is the consummate baseball coach, very energetic and friendly without being condescending or sounding over the top fake, like some other coaches we have had and still do have the pleasure of knowing. Kingston will win fans over his first day there and the baseball team is going to love him. To a person, every parent, player and fan at USF that I have spoken to that has met Kingston loved him. He will be fine. It certainly is our loss.