• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Few USF FB Kickoff Times Announced

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

TDS has a rant about this as well.

A 4pm start conflicts with sorority rush.

FFS, USF, get it together!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

FFS, USF, get it together!

Not sure USF had a say in the matter ....

One silver lining is those "fans" who may have skipped game to watch FSU-Alabama might make it to the stadium now...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not sure USF had a say in the matter ....

They had a say in scheduling rush, and banned any changes, apparently.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

One silver lining is those "fans" who may have skipped game to watch FSU-Alabama might make it to the stadium now...

Now, THAT's funny!

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

My ire is apparently misguided ... Per JK, "Honestly, we don't know the logic behind the shift from a conventional 7 p.m. kickoff, only that it's TV's call."

Just another reason to ******* hate ESPN ...

We are the first ESPN3 game of the day. There are 7 games after ours that kickoff between 6 and 8pm (http://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule). I don't buy the "blame ESPN" argument. Athletics had to have a say in this.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, DC said:

We are the first ESPN3 game of the day. There are 7 games after ours that kickoff between 6 and 8pm (http://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule). I don't buy the "blame ESPN" argument. Athletics had to have a say in this.

The only remotely feasible reason for USF initiating the move would be to avoid going against the FSU-Bama broadcast that could potentially hurt the butts in seats. In all our existence, I'm sure there were plenty of marquis matchups that our home opener went against but never affected our start time. Until something more definitive comes out, JK's statement is the best reason we have. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I would never miss a USF home game to watch another game, but I am really looking forward to watching the FSU v. Bama match-up, so I am going to take the positive approach here and hope this helps improve attendance. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The only remotely feasible reason for USF initiating the move would be to avoid going against the FSU-Bama broadcast that could potentially hurt the butts in seats. In all our existence, I'm sure there were plenty of marquis matchups that our home opener went against but never affected our start time. Until something more definitive comes out, JK's statement is the best reason we have. 

I think that is the most plausible reason. While it's unfortunate that we have to pander to FSU fans, it's the reality we face.

The bigger issue is that we need to seriously increase the quality of our schedule. Week 1, Tulsa plays OK State, and Temple plays Notre Dame. We need to consistently secure marquee week 1 match ups like that. The Notre Dame opener in 2011 was a fantastic way to start the season.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, DC said:

The bigger issue is that we need to seriously increase the quality of our schedule. Week 1, Tulsa plays OK State, and Temple plays Notre Dame. We need to consistently secure marquee week 1 match ups like that. The Notre Dame opener in 2011 was a fantastic way to start the season.

From an excitement perspective, I'd agree it's a big jolt to jump from the relative inactivity of summer into a big P5 game. But from a readiness perspective I hate this idea with passion. Much prefer to have a big game for our week 4 matchup, and some lower D1 school to decimate with--mistakes--in week 1.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

The Ocho strikes again

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

So I guess the answer is never schedule Stony Brook because the sororities don't show up?