• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Hill eligable & are the Irish coming?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

That's the most bogus list around.  If you need tickets you can get them, they're getting easier by the minute.

I don't think it is too bogus! Try to call the Bucs to get season tickets! You can't! I don't think it is 100,000 but there still is a waiting list.

Granted, in the last couple of years you can buy as many tickets as you want on the streets for almost nothing on game days.  But you still can't get any season tickets!!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

...and we've got over 100,000 Bulls fans waiting to join this site....

Waiting for what?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I don't think it is too bogus! Try to call the Bucs to get season tickets! You can't! I don't think it is 100,000 but there still is a waiting list.

Granted, in the last couple of years you can buy as many tickets as you want on the streets for almost nothing on game days.  But you still can't get any season tickets!!!!

Maybe I should preface with you can buy tickets if your willing to pay any price.  I know quite a few people that waited less than a week, and one or two that received them immediately.  

You can get season tickets, the 100k is bogus, I bet 10k isn't even accurate.  I heard they lost as much as 10% of their season ticket holders this last go around after  yet another price increase.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Getting back to the Notre Dame issue... they already have a long-term series with Pittsburgh, and have multiple games with Rutgers, Syracuse, and West Virginia this decade. So this declaration of future games vs NBE teams isn't exactly a big switch for them.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Dear new marketing guy,

Can we get new uniforms now? You know, like the rest of the school's sports teams...

Sincerely,

Paying customer

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I would've stayed in Tampa, worked for peanuts, and probably would have placed upwards of 18-22 hours a day to assist running marketing for USF athletics. It's amazing that graduates escape so easily from USF that are passionate about the Green and Gold and the school doesn't utilize them except to send the monthly "Why haven't you donated to the alumni foundation" letter. Now, I'm working 20-22 hours a day, and money that could be going to the alumni association is being used to afford my trips cross country during football season. What a missed opportunity for me and the school.

Here's hoping the individual working solely on marketing is as passionate as we are and is open minded. Even some of our wildest ideas on here have potential to grow into something memorable. It sucks not being in Tampa to help the school grow during this crucial time period.

Guest Sprtsfn627

"Can we get new uniforms now? You know, like the rest of the school's sports teams..."

Have ya seen Oregon's uniforms?  Have ya seen Michigan's new uniforms?  We don't want new uniforms...at least not with Nike....

Guest Sprtsfn627

From one of the Big East boards:

Another bit of scheduling news was revealed in a story in the Wednesday edition of the St. Petersburg Times. In covering the annual Big East meetings at Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., Times reporter spoke with Notre Dame athletic director Kevin White, who confirmed a plan that has been rumored for the past couple of years. White stated that the Irish will begin scheduling three football games against Big East teams each season, starting in 2009. The games will apparently rotate between all eight Big East football teams (ND is a member of the Big East in all sports except football), and they will be on a home-and-home basis, for the most part, though White did say Notre Dame would like to play one game each year at the Meadowlands in New Jersey.

What that means for West Virginia is that while the Irish may not become an annual fixture on its schedule, WVU should be able to count on at least two games against Notre Dame in every five-year span. Obviously such meetings will fit perfectly into the Mountaineers’ plans to have quality non-conference opponents on the schedule each year; opponents who should help West Virginia’s strength of schedule and also will aid the Mountaineers’ desire for increased exposure by enticing a national television broadcast. Notre Dame’s football program may have struggled at times on the field in recent seasons, but there’s no arguing that the Irish remain one of the nation’s premier TV draws. Every one of Notre Dame’s 11 games this coming season has already been picked up by a national network, either NBC (which has the contract for all ND home games), ABC or ESPN

I didn't see that in the article...but if that turns out to be true....that would be great news  ::toasting::

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,482
  • Days Won:  13

Dear new marketing guy,

Can we get new uniforms now? You know, like the rest of the school's sports teams...

Sincerely,

Paying customer

The marketing guy doesn't decide what Bulls merchandise is sold in stores.  The stores decide what to buy.

If there were demand for more uniforms the stores would buy them.  Just because we happy few on this board would like to see them, and would buy them, doesn't mean that Sports Fan Attic or Bealls will stock them.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

The marketing guy doesn't decide what Bulls merchandise is sold in stores.  The stores decide what to buy.

If there were demand for more uniforms the stores would buy them.  Just because we happy few on this board would like to see them, and would buy them, doesn't mean that Sports Fan Attic or Bealls will stock them.

Hey Jim I think that SHoop means can't the team have some new upgraded jerseys, not whether they will be carried by merchants.