• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF men's hoops roster evolving

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Hiring coach Gregory was a great move and no are not jumping the gun with this assessment. 

I can't remember a better batch of coaches at USF at the same time in our history.

I hope that these guys and the AD stick around for a long time but with the current college athletics landscape it is not very likely. 

We should enjoy it while we can.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Just now, beastiebull said:

Hiring coach Gregory was a great move and no are not jumping the gun with this assessment. 

I can't remember a better batch of coaches at USF at the same time in our history.

I hope that these guys and the AD stick around for a long time but with the current college athletics landscape it is not very likely. 

Where's Beastie, what have you done with him?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Where's Beastie, what have you done with him?

I give credit where it is due.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, JTrue said:

It's not so blind anymore. I have no idea what his coaching is going to look like, but his recruiting is pretty **** good out of the gates.

If his past and how he's come in are any indications, this guy may have been a steal for us.  I guess in some way I'm grateful Georgia Tech was so shortsighted.  

4 hours ago, beastiebull said:

Agreed... 

For USF it's now or never.  I feel we've assembled one of the best Athletic Departments we've every had.  Success is so many sports... I'm not one for talking about expansion but if we keep an upward trajectory across the boards, we can position ourselves well for the future.  I'm just enjoying seeing things go right for a change. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

10 hours ago, Vega said:

I truly believe that Big Nik can have the same impact at USF that Ron Anderson had while he was here. I think he brings a lot of intangibles to winning.

Because of his size, if Nik had the same intensity as RAJ he'd be illegal ... I'm just hoping he catches, and finishes, 90% of the passes into him under the basket .... and throws in 5 or 6 blocks a game.

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Because of his size, if Nik had the same intensity as RAJ he'd be illegal ... I'm just hoping he catches, and finishes, 90% of the passes into him under the basket .... and throws in 5 or 6 blocks a game.

One thing I did see is he can put the ball on the floor and has a post game.  That already puts him ahead of Guerrero.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, Calibull said:

One thing I did see is he can put the ball on the floor and has a post game.  That already puts him ahead of Guerrero.  

Also, Malik Martin at USC had similar numbers to what RAJ had at KSU and could be a pleasant surprise ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Truth be told many of the recruits fCOA brought in were good recruits. Reuben never progressed though, Jaleel progressed but we only got one season of the better him, and we had no point guards because they never made it to campus (Feliz, Canty). We had good recruits, but fCOA could not get them to the next level. Montero, Feliz, Canty, Baxter all never made it to campus and would have helped greatly. Peters had to be a...difficult case of course. It feels like COA took some swings and chances to get high risk, high reward players but was unlucky in several cases and just couldn't build his players up in other cases. 

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, JoshuaG said:

Truth be told many of the recruits fCOA brought in were good recruits. Reuben never progressed though, Jaleel progressed but we only got one season of the better him, and we had no point guards because they never made it to campus (Feliz, Canty). We had good recruits, but fCOA could not get them to the next level. Montero, Feliz, Canty, Baxter all never made it to campus and would have helped greatly. Peters had to be a...difficult case of course. It feels like COA took some swings and chances to get high risk, high reward players but was unlucky in several cases and just couldn't build his players up in other cases. 

Yes and that was the problem. Then he guys who did get on campus would transfer away or be suspended for reasons unbeknownst to the fans. He may be an excellent evaluator of talent, but could never get the guys on campus.