• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Play at Stetson in Season’s First Rematch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I'm still at work so, thanks for the updates. It sounded like a real wild game. Glad we got the "W".

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I need to learn to use my Surface while watching the game on the TV.  Can't keep running into the office to post on the desktop (yes, I'm that old that I still use it primarily) and miss out on posting while in progress.

Really nice win.  Was it Leal with the winning RBI's?  Nice.

Villar poked home the winners.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Yep Villar crushed that pitch to drive in Valdes and Stunkel  Valdes pinch ran for Joe Genord.  Did he end up playing CF in the 9th?  I was watching on the ESPN app but I don't think they mentioned the OF allignment.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

That was a crazy ending. Looked like nothing was going right for the Bulls. Win streak up to five! 2 wins on the road and a sweep of the Mousekateers. Hopefully the BP arms are still available on Thursday after throwing a lot of innings tonight. Andrew Perez was sick nasty. 

BP arms should be OK.  Farley and Savarese only went an inning each.  AP went 2 but only threw 22 pitches.  If we need him, hopefully it will only be for an inning.  Joe C got a much needed night off.  

The bigger question I have going forward is our midweek starter role.  If I'm setting the rotation the rest of the season, its Sanders on Friday, Shane on Saturday, and Valdes on Sunday.  Maybe we just do DJ Roberts and Stryzelecki midweek and try to get 6 combined innings out of those two.  They have really struggled the last few weeks.  I could also see using Noah Yager for 2 or 3 innings midweek if he's available.  He's really our only lefty (aside from AP) so I guess it will depend on how much he gets used over the weekend.    

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, JoeB said:

Yep Villar crushed that pitch to drive in Valdes and Stunkel  Valdes pinch ran for Joe Genord.  Did he end up playing CF in the 9th?  I was watching on the ESPN app but I don't think they mentioned the OF allignment.  

Thought I heard them say that Stunkel moved to CF.  Don't remember who they said moved to RF.  BTW, did anyone else read that Stunkel's mom is the coach of the women's tennis Federation Cup team?  That is her on the right side of the photo.  https://www.usta.com/en/home/pro/pro-tennis-events/about-fed-cup.html. She was sitting next to us last year when Duke hit is first HR.  Had no idea she was a tennis coach until I read something a couple of weeks ago.

Stunkel was moved to 1B.  They showed him on TV.  Checked the box score and Ryan Valdes was indeed the CF in the 9th inning.  He has played some OF earlier in the year, so I thought that might be the allignment.  Of course the games earlier in the year we had bigger leads, but I guess he's used to playing out there.