• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How much does this affect recruiting?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

Any married man in Boca should be worried about Lane.

So tru.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

They may steal a kid in their first class or two but if they don't have success on the field it won't consistently happen.  Also, if Lane is successful he will be on to the next job before you can say Joey Freshwater.  

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

Also, if Lane is successful he will be on to the next job before you can say Joey Freshwater.  

I think I heard he's changing it to Joey Saltwater while he's in Boca.  He also is considering Salty Ballswater (per @Paisa el Toro)  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

I'm as worried about FAU and FIU as Miami, Florida, and FSU are about us. We're smack in the middle.

even though Butch is the bigger name in South Florida I think Kiffin might be the one to take a few that USF or UCF might one. FIU is a dump. FAU has poured a lot of money into their campus recently and it's in a really nice location with an improving collegiate atmosphere

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Forgive me if this was already covered elsewhere. I seem to recall CWT stating he would honor all of CSH recruits when he was coming in. I have not seen yet a similar statement by CCS, is it expected that CCS will build his own class (possible including those already committing ) without promise to holding all of CWT's recruits? or is it a given that he will honor all scholarships already promised by CWT?

1 minute ago, SpeedyBull said:

Forgive me if this was already covered elsewhere. I seem to recall CWT stating he would honor all of CSH recruits when he was coming in. I have not seen yet a similar statement by CCS, is it expected that CCS will build his own class (possible including those already committing ) without promise to holding all of CWT's recruits? or is it a given that he will honor all scholarships already promised by CWT?

He hasn't even had his initial press conference and appearance at USF yet.  I'd give him a little more time to get into the job and get things figured out first.

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

He hasn't even had his initial press conference and appearance at USF yet.  I'd give him a little more time to get into the job and get things figured out first.

So it isn't a given that a new coach is expected to honor the former coaches scholarships? That was purely CWT's decision?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, SpeedyBull said:

So it isn't a given that a new coach is expected to honor the former coaches scholarships? That was purely CWT's decision?

I thought it was generally considered a given.  Otherwise you spoil the well with the HS coaches who's kids are getting shafted.

I remember CWT honoring it with Skippy's recruits, which is why I din't count that class against him.  If only he could have held on to Woulard, everything would have been alright.

• Upvote 1

Makes sense, I guess we will find out shortly. We don't exactly have a lot of coaching changes under our belt. I don't recall what happened when CJL was fired and CSH came in either. 

I don't think they HAVE to honor the scholarships ... most probably do as a gesture of goodwill, and to keep high school coaches happy ... they don't need another Skip Holtz/Joe Kinnan-type incident. 

My point in my post above is, I'm sure CCS will get to that, but he hasn't really gotten started with the day-to-day stuff yet - I'm sure we'll hear more about who's staying on scholarship after his press conference and initial appearance soon.