• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Closer look at the D under CCS

A Closer look at the D under CCS  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Lets take this conversation to another level and look at defense's under CCS

2008 | DC | UF | 9 - National Champs

2009 | DC | UF | 4

2010 | HC | Ville | 14

2011 | HC | Ville | 23 - Conference Title

2012 | HC | Ville | 23 - Conference Title

2013 | HC | Ville | 1

2014 | HC | Texas | 24

2015 | HC | Texas | 107

2016 | HC | Texas | 95

My takes:

I am not sure what happened the last two years at Texas but its clear that traditionally CCS has lead some great defenses. Note that this is with the best talent at his disposal at UF or near USF levels at Ville.

This would lead me to surmise that something else was happening at Texas, booster, not everyone buying in, who knows. It is also reassuring to me and a counter point to those who espouse that what happened at Texas was only on CCS b/c even his D started dropping off at Texas which otherwise has been in the top 25 and lead to a NC at UF.  

References:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Strong

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Expecting a 3-4 or 4-3 Defense ?

Either way, I expect a Top 25 D with our schedule.

Edited by E.T.

I am going over optimistic and 2017 b/c I believe we have the talent, as shown under Allen, but took a gamble/buddy system with an inexperienced DC in CRW.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Vance Bedford's D was a trainwreck.  The D improved a bit after Charlie took it over.  If we improve to 50th next year it will be huge.

By the way, not to toot our own Hornz to hard, but the local media could take a que from us on the TBP. The topics being posted here, where we volunteer our own time to create content, is exactly what they should be doing, as its there paid job!

If they push us hard enough, it might be worth while talking to Brad about producing articles and attempt to monetize the content on TBP similar to traditional media :FIREdevil: 

I am getting a little tired of having to get most of my Bulls news from my fellow fans who work in other full-time professions b/c of the apathetic and tabloid like coverage.

BTW, this has nothing to do with the wife aggro I am getting b/c of spending my entire morning glued online and not getting anything done. :GoBulls:

• Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Most of us would not sleep if we had a job at USF or media to cover USF.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

8 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

By the way, not to toot our own Hornz to hard, but the local media could take a que from us on the TBP. The topics being posted here, where we volunteer our own time to create content, is exactly what they should be doing, as its there paid job!

If they push us hard enough, it might be worth while talking to Brad about producing articles and attempt to monetize the content on TBP similar to traditional media :FIREdevil: 

I am getting a little tired of having to get most of my Bulls news from my fellow fans who work in other full-time professions b/c of the apathetic and tabloid like coverage.

BTW, this has nothing to do with the wife aggro I am getting b/c of spending my entire morning glued online and not getting anything done. :GoBulls:

The level of coverage locally is pretty sad.  I was very impressed that we had a guy at the airport this time though.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

11 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

Auman always credited TBP for story ideas...many wouldn't remember, but much of his success came from embracing TBP and learning what Bulls wanted.  We communicated a lot.

Previously, Brett did the same, but he then damned himself.

Would love to have a content piece to TBP, but need someone that can run it.  A couple of writers, formerly of Tribune or Times fame, have offered to write for $$$ per article, far more than I could afford.  It's not my skill set to run a content operation, but the site does have some compatibility to do so.

4 hours ago, E.T. said:

Expecting a 3-4 or 4-3 Defense ?

Either way, I expect a Top 25 D with our schedule.

Some info I found about CCS defense from none other than a Texas forum lol

http://insidetexas.com/forums/threads/charlie-strongs-defense-what-is-it.47408/

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

We got the athletes for it. Don't see why we can't be in the top 25 in d next year.