• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Back to USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

26 minutes ago, E.T. said:

The casual fan BULLieves that Leavitt was screwed out ... he comes back ... the fans come back!

The casual fan wouldn't care about Leavitt one way or the other ..... if they even knew who he was.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Also, I was at the Auburn and FSU games where we won.  I was at the very first bowl game.  Just as an FYI.  

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Christ, then go. If you've given up on USF, you are on the wrong board. Losing Leavitt killed me, but I'm a Bull, not a Leavitt. 

Opportunities are called opportunities for a reason.  

USF is a stepping stone for every other coach (Taggart, etc).  Leavitt never had any intent on leaving.  Leavitt was a Bulls fan - it was his baby.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We'd be in the AAC even if CJL never left.  If you think expansion was about wins on the field I have some great beach front property in Madison County to sell you......

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Based on your last post, where you've virtually abandoned USF football, why should I care?  Also, it might be time to try living in the present.  

I guess maybe there have always been "safe spaces ..." they were just called "the good ol' days" by those who wished they were back there.  

True (BTW love your pic).

Listen, you can apply what you said to one fan - me.  

But there are a lot of us not donating, showing up to the games, watching on TV, going to watch-parties, etc.  The team is 10-2.  If you think it is all working and saying "virtually abandoned USF football, why should I care".  Again, 10-2 and nobody cares.  That's a bad sign.  What happens when they are 3-9?

Well, maybe you shouldn't care about me - one fan.  But the pool is getting smaller and there is a reason.  It isn't "the good old days."  It is making smart decisions.  I'll admit I liked the Taggart hire and hated the Holz hire, but I hated the Leavitt fire.  Set us back so, so, so, much.

And that's the trough we're eating of right now.

Edited by USFreak
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Can a Mod just lock this thread? Let it die a peaceful death...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, USFreak said:

Opportunities are called opportunities for a reason.  

USF is a stepping stone for every other coach (Taggart, etc).  Leavitt never had any intent on leaving.  Leavitt was a Bulls fan - it was his baby.

And sometimes the baby needs to grow up and move out of the parent's house - especially if the parent was (allegedly) abusive.

And for the record, I would rather have 7-1 or 8-0 conference records than 3-4 with the occasional big win.

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The casual fan wouldn't care about Leavitt one way or the other ..... if they even knew who he was.

You want to win football games.  

If you think Leavitt can't make the AAC his ***** you haven't been paying attention.  

Another coach could as well, but I don't need to remind too many about the Holtz years.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, USFreak said:

You want to win football games.  

If you think Leavitt can't make the AAC his ***** you haven't been paying attention.  

Another coach could as well, but I don't need to remind too many about the Holtz years.

Yeah, because CJL won all those conference championships in the inferior conference we were in before we were in the Big East... Oh wait....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

15 minutes ago, USFreak said:

Great thread and I have let it go.  Totally let it go.  Don't buy season tickets, never watch the games, have usf emails that go right to junk mail.

But I was a superfan.  Not factor that across the casual fan and you have what, yeah - nada.

11 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Christ, then go. If you've given up on USF, you are on the wrong board. Losing Leavitt killed me, but I'm a Bull, not a Leavitt. 

Star Trek Clapping GIF