• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Back to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

Here's the literal deal.

I, at one point in my life, lived and breathed USF.  Dave (Glaser) and I started usfbulls.com and I totally loved the climb to the Big East and real football.  It was amazing.  Brad certainly loved every minute of that as well.  Stupid to claim that as who give's a rat's ass, but more just to say I've been here from the beginning.

Fast-forward to 2016:

I have not watched a USF game (minus the first 11 minutes of the USF/FSU game this year in 7 years.  The alumni office keeps emailing me asking to validate my address.  F*ck them and who gives a turd.  I simply do not GIVE A ****.  I will probably never go to a game, watch a game, donate another dollar or even bring USF in conversation unless they do something drastic. Leavitt pissed in my cheerios on the regular and was an absolute **** to me many, many, many times - BUT that sonofabitch could coach and get so much out of his players.  He lived and breathed USF and Judy and Woolard sent him packing.   I get the whole slap on the head story, but that was a hit-job if there ever was one. 

At this point we're going to hire some 6-6 coach that is going to send this thing right back to the bottomof the AAC.  No, get back in the mix like you did back when it was announced USF was bringing football in.  That was a bold move and against the grain and it paid dividends right up until about 2010.  Then the wheels came off.

Leavitt is that drastic step.  I keep reading this article and that saying it "is a Tampa problem" or a "winning problem" or etc.  

No, it is a ****ty conference problem and nobody cares problem.  I don't care if you put 150,000 students on campus - NOBODY is going to care about your ****ty AAC team.  

I simply don't.  Like it or not Leavitt is your path back and everyone on this board and enjoy the AAC football to their hearts content, but the rest of us simply couldn't queef out a care in the world.

You get somebody in there that is going dominate week in and week out.  The AAC is essentially Florida 6A.  Kick some arse.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, E.T. said:

The casual fan BULLieves that Leavitt was screwed out ... he comes back ... the fans come back!

Agreed, Judy robbed The Jim!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, USF Bulls Football said:

He's not coming back. Just stop. The end. 

/thread

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, USF Bulls Football said:

He's not coming back. Just stop. The end. 

Wow, I'm convinced.

You are probably right, but that "announced" 10,000 fans will enjoy that NIU game almost as much as you will.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

/thread

You can't silence the will of the people. Make USF Great Again!

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Look, I'm a Leavitt fan through and through. He'll always be my favorite coach. He got a shotty deal.

The Admin doesn't want him and he doesn't want USF. I have a better chance of getting hired then he does. It's over. Every day, there are two or three new threads bringing this up. I swear, some of you guys must have pictures of ex-gf's hanging up in your rooms. Let. It. Go.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, lotsofbull99 said:

You can't silence the will of the people. Make USF Great Again!

I agree!  We need a repeat of this year ... that's the closest we've come to being great, and CJL didn't have anything to do with it.  

Look, I'm a Leavitt fan through and through. He'll always be my favorite coach. He got a shotty deal.

The Admin doesn't want him and he doesn't want USF. I have a better chance of getting hired then he does. It's over. Every day, there are two or three new threads bringing this up. I swear, some of you guys must have pictures of ex-gf's hanging up in your rooms. Let. It. Go.

It's like you're inside my head ... 

• Upvote 1

How do you know he doesn't want USF? Has anyone asked him?