• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Back to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, MMW said:

Why is this thread still going on?

Look, the an institution that let someone go for assaulting a kid (whether you believe it or don't - they did) would never ever take him back.  Not even if Judy got caught fellating Rocky the Bull on the 50 yard line.

They would be open to lawsuits the first time a drop of spittle landed on the face of a player who pissed Jim off enough to get an ass chewing.

And we all know there would be spittle....oh yes there would be spittle.

Because clickbait, that's why. I think this happening would be one of the signs of the apocalypse.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

No reason to even bring up something that will never happen.

USF/Judy truly believes that Jim struck a player and lied about it.  Until a new regime is brought in at USF, Leavitt will never be hired back.    

Keep Harlan, the rest can go!

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

2 hours ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Not true. Everybody knows if we bring back Leavitt, we'll get back into the BE and then the SEC and be the bestest school and we will all live happily ever after. 

I like the cut of your jib.

2 hours ago, MMW said:

Why is this thread still going on?

Look, the an institution that let someone go for assaulting a kid (whether you believe it or don't - they did) would never ever take him back.  Not even if Judy got caught fellating Rocky the Bull on the 50 yard line.

They would be open to lawsuits the first time a drop of spittle landed on the face of a player who pissed Jim off enough to get an ass chewing.

And we all know there would be spittle....oh yes there would be spittle.

Yes, you are probably 100% correct.  I didn't put it out there for clickbait.

I do think we'll see CJL in a head coaching role soon.  Or maybe not.  The guy has the USF payoff money and seems to be making decent scratch and not having to shoulder all the blame like an HC would.  His defenses just excel.  Maybe DC is his long-term perfect role.

My only logic on bringing it up relates to loyalty.  Clearly the next coach we bring in will have 3 years to do well (Taggart) and move on or suck ass like Holtz and be told to move on.  I guess that is every college program, but the Leavitt relationship with USF was different.  He wasn't going anywhere and that may have been part of the problem.  If he found his way back to USF (and wanted to) would things be different?  I don't know.  I just know the guy could coach and invested every thread of his day into the program.  I feel like he does that everywhere he goes, but with USF it was different.  USF is that bad-luck, mid-major doorstop that is a stepping stone to everywhere else - except for Leavitt.

I get the lack of conference championships and all that and, yes, really the only thing that is going to put asses in the seats is a Big5 conference affiliation.  But there was general excitement in the Leavitt years that things were building and improving and getting better.  The AAC was the proverbial wind out of everybody's sails and the timing all matched up.

I know it is pie-in-the-sky and I do think that with all things considered Charlie Strong is the best fit for the job.  In two years he'll be gone and we'll be on our next search.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I understand what you are saying. I thought Leavitt would coach until he retired here. Things have been pretty rough USF wise since that firing. This past season was the bump we needed though. There is light at the end of the tunnel, everybody just needs to get onboard.

5 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

I understand what you are saying. I thought Leavitt would coach until he retired here. Things have been pretty rough USF wise since that firing. This past season was the bump we needed though. There is light at the end of the tunnel, everybody just needs to get onboard.

The true kick to the stones would be if Taggart picks up Strong as his DC.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/12/report_willie_taggart_targetin.html