• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Coach Poll

Who is on top of your wish list  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

P.S. The only thing worst than Steve DUImig being on the air is ANYONE REMOTELY CONSIDERING that gap-toothed chop-til-you-lose classless hack Schiano. Nobody actually interested in the success and reputation of our program (barring kids too young to have been paying attention to the 2000's Bulls football program) should consider him a candidate. The very soul of USF would wither and die should he be give a second thought!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I'm more interested in fashion .... but a nice disposition would be nice, too.

I am also more interested in fashion.  Good point.

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

P.S. The only thing worst than Steve DUImig being on the air is ANYONE REMOTELY CONSIDERING that gap-toothed chop-til-you-lose classless hack Schiano. Nobody actually interested in the success and reputation of our program (barring kids too young to have been paying attention to the 2000's Bulls football program) should consider him a candidate. The very soul of USF would wither and die should he be give a second thought!

I am hoping Harlan has gotten the memo on Schiano.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,578
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

The only reason Schiano would be worse than the Big Douche is that Big Douche has an On/Off button ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Miles is highly respectable. We would be lucky to have him. But, I would be concerned for a suboptimal cultural fit for him in the AAC and at our school. His Achilles' heel was his offense... the AAC is full of schools running the spread, and his ground 'n pound style is not an ideal fit. Would he win? Quite likely. But he may also not be a great fit culturally for our school. At the same token, I wouldn't hesitate to get behind hiring Les Miles, and I would be impressed if we could afford him. I happen to be on the Strong bandwagon, but acknowledge there are concerns there too. It strikes me that we are fortunate to have so many big names available to go after, and to be generating so much interest among themas a job/destination!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

Apparently Miles is a top candidate for Houston. But even if you look at our informal poll here looks like the TBP is not excited about him. 

Honestly I find this kind of remarkable. None of the coaches in poll even come close to his resume...

I dunno. Maybe people think he's seen his best days, he wouldn't come here, or he'd be one and done. I wouldn't say no to him.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

Apparently Miles is a top candidate for Houston. But even if you look at our informal poll here looks like the TBP is not excited about him. 

Honestly I find this kind of remarkable. None of the coaches in poll even come close to his resume...

Strong is the flavor of the month guy right now.  In our little corner of the USF universe, he's the hot name.  Even here, I think it's a bit of a mob mentality.  That's not to say that he would be a bad hire, quite the opposite.  He's not my number one pick, but he's second or third.

2 minutes ago, BJ said:

Strong is the flavor of the month guy right now.  In our little corner of the USF universe, he's the hot name.  Even here, I think it's a bit of a mob mentality.  That's not to say that he would be a bad hire, quite the opposite.  He's not my number one pick, but he's second or third.

I always liked Charlie Strong even when he went to Louisville.  Not flavor of the month.  Although for the last two coaching hires, I wanted to hire Butch Davis.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

It strikes me that we are fortunate to have so many big names available to go after, and to be generating so much interest among themas a job/destination!

This is key right here.  In the past, we've kind of struggled trying to find someone reputable to come in an take over.  It was us competing for a coach.  This time, there's the possibility of the coaches competing to come here, and that's a much better position to be in.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,578
  • Days Won:  423

13 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

It strikes me that we are fortunate to have so many big names available to go after, and to be generating so much interest among themas a job/destination!

I know we're generating a ton of conjecture from the media about them and us, but any kind of legit, or even semi legit, proof that they're involved in this interest?