• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you increase attendance?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

My solution is this:

Schedule up. Play relevant teams and win. Playing FSU was good for attendance, but occasionally beating these teams are what builds the local buzz.

Being top 25 might also help this: "Hey I heard USF is ranked now derrrrp."

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

15 hours ago, bullcocky101 said:

It's easy. What draws people to college football? Bragging rights and the feeling that you are a part of a community. Uf fans are competing with fsu and miami fans for bragging rights and they have a large community of fans as does fsu. Every game is big because the people in the office talk about it and fsu fans give you hell if you lose. I have never met a tulsa or tulane fan. No one cares if you win or lose that game and nobody in your office cares if you win or lose that game. Need to pick on the big boys and start some drama to get people to notice. Maybe taggart or AD can call out uf for stalling on the second game? 

Extreme thinking . . . "try" to sign all three to the same year and we play AT their House!!!

15 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

I see, I see! I just have to ask...were you as rabid of Gator as you are a Bull? And you're strapped into the virtual polygraph so you have to answer truthfully! I agree that it was good to get in on the ground floor of USF football - which was exciting in and of itself...wide open frontier...lots of dreams, even playing the likes of Drake & Valparaiso. Great days indeed. 

I was a hard core Gator ... been to Ben Hill Stadium many times.

5 hours ago, Bull94 said:

... take the discount airline approach. They always fill out their planes. ...

They also cancel many flights and push those clients/fans to the next flight/game ;) 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'm sorry, and no offense, but I just cant buy that. You've been back for games 6-21 times but haven't had the time to run out to the campus but maybe twice? That's not a time thing, it's a want to thing ........ This is one of the arguments for the ocs that has never held much water with me.

Why would I lie? It is truth when you have zero family in town.  You come for the game and leave.  When I lived in Tampa, I was on campus games and events often.  Local alumni have more opportunity.  I'm  it going to fly into see a bookstore, sorry that's dumb.

What brings me back to campus now that I'm out of state?  A bookstore or a new building? I dontate, I meet with alumni locally, fly to both home and road games every year.  I honestly have no need to go to campus?  I was in both Memphis and Philly for games this year and made it to Tampa for FSU and Navy games.  I love the school and the teams. 

I would prefer an OCS, but that doesn't stop me from going to games or donating.  However, you can't argue it does allow you to bring out of town Alumni back for functions.  

2 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Also, the DEBT argument is old and tired. Yes, we will go into debt and make payments for our stadium.  However, it is the same as making endless payments to RJS.  Actually, it is worse, it is not like we can ever stop paying for a stadium.  Thus, I would love to know how much we pay for RJS and what that would translate into  our own stadium debt.  Imagine if we stay at RJS another 20 years, how much is this really costing us?  We do have stadium debt, we just pay it to RJS. 

Seems we may be close to paying year by year unless we signed a new "LEASE".

And we do not get concessions AND a small amount of parking.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carolina_Bull said:

Attendance will suck as long as our games are meaningless.

Every game is meaningful to me.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,123
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Carolina_Bull said:

Stop trying to fool yourself.

Rather than opine, simply take the schools you assert are comparable and actually COMPARE attendance figures when we played each as a conference opponent.

the solution to this and every other problem USF faces requires honesty and then innovative solutions.  Honesty is always require.  When we honestly tell ourselves that the system is rigged and the the hand we hold is the hand that holds us down, it'll become obvious that the only solution (if there is a solution) is a radical, bold step AGAINST the establishment not in support of the establishment.

a stadium is a suckers bet

As Triple pointed out, our program was on a run in 2007-2009 so the comparison is not equitable.

On a USF football board the rest of your comment seems out of place.  

I enjoy watching my team play against whoever is on the field.  Do I care that it is Navy versus Wake Forest?  Nope.  The teams that show up all seem to have players with uniforms and pads and have an expectation to win.  I enjoy watching them leave with those expectations not being met.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, thatBULL said:

Do you live in Florida?  I live out of state and will admit I've gone to campus maybe once or twice in 6-7 years, but get to 1-3 games each year.  My attachment is to USF, but for out of towners it's a time crunch most of the time you fly in and with no family in town it's friends and the game.

And how many times would you actually go around campus on game days if the were an OCS?  Maybe once, the first time it was held there.  Again, if you cared enough to look around campus, you'd find a way to do so.

2 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

How many professional sports teams own their stadiums/arenas?

How many college teams successfully rent vs. own?