• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF moved up three places to #20 in the AP poll this week.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

• Upvote 3

USF also moved up three places in the Coaches Poll to #20.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings/_/poll/2

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

34 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

We didn't even move one spot. It's apparent that our ladies aren't going to get any breaks unless they make them themselves.

I hope our ladies go on a run! :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

14 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

We didn't even move one spot. It's apparent that our ladies aren't going to get any breaks unless they make them themselves.

I hope our ladies go on a run! :GoBulls:

Honestly, we haven't done enough to warrant being moved up in the polls. We weren't penalized for the terrible loss to Memphis, most likely because few voters even knew we were playing. Given our RPI, our relatively weak SOS, and our lack of marquee wins, I think we are ranked right around where we should be, if not a little bit higher than we deserve. 

This team has already exceeded my expectations prior to the start of the year. To replace the three starters we lost and have to deal with injuries, namely Ferriera's, I am pleased that we have won all but two games that we should have won. My hope is that we win all non-UCONN games remaining, making it to the conference finals, play ourselves to a 5 to 7 seed in the tournament, and get a favorable draw that will allow us to advance to the Sweet 16. We definitely don't want to be an 8 or 9 seed. I'd rather be 10 or 11 than 8 or 9. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Honestly, we haven't done enough to warrant being moved up in the polls. We weren't penalized for the terrible loss to Memphis, most likely because few voters even knew we were playing. Given our RPI, our relatively weak SOS, and our lack of marquee wins, I think we are ranked right around where we should be, if not a little bit higher than we deserve. 

This team has already exceeded my expectations prior to the start of the year. To replace the three starters we lost and have to deal with injuries, namely Ferriera's, I am pleased that we have won all but two games that we should have won. My hope is that we win all non-UCONN games remaining, making it to the conference finals, play ourselves to a 5 to 7 seed in the tournament, and get a favorable draw that will allow us to advance to the Sweet 16. We definitely don't want to be an 8 or 9 seed. I'd rather be 10 or 11 than 8 or 9. 

This. There doesn't seem to be a lot of movement overall. Watching a lot more women's games this year it's clear to me there's a huge difference between UConn, the upper echelon (2-10), the rest of the top 25, and those outside of it. USF fits in that mold of the rest of the top 25. It really showed something when the bulls didn't get penalized for losing to Memphis. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

RIGHT ON BULLYPULPIT

USF moved up one spot to #22 in the Coaches Poll.

Temple moved into their rankings for the first time this year at #25. (Temple is #29 in the AP Poll.)

http://warrennolan.com/basketballw/2017/polls

Now we need to beat Temple on Sunday at home to ensure a better seeding in the NCAA tourney. I hope we have our best crowd of the season. It will be a tough game.

USF is a #7 seed in the new Bracketology.

Our win against Tulane knocked them out. They will need to finish strong to get back in to the NCAA tourney. It would be great to have four AAC teams in this year. the Big East currently has three.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Edited by Mama_Bull

• 3 weeks later...

USF moved up to #26 in the new AP Poll, after beating #25 Temple at the AAC championship and Temple moved down to #27.

The voters apparently split their votes between USF and Temple which allowed Creighton to get ranked.

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/ap-womens-basketball-poll-week-18

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I am hoping that the goodwill earned from having a nationally ranked team the last 3 seasons will be enough to elevate us to a 7 seed, but I have a sinking suspicion that we will end up as a #8 seed and get stuck playing Notre Dame or South Carolina in the second round....which will guarantee no better than a Round of 32 exit.