• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

You said:  You do have a great RB, but Uconn has three just as good ....

Our back is top 5... you are implying you have 3 backs of that caliber... which is not true.

We have 1 great back, you have 2 good backs.  

Nope, I didn't imply that at all. We have 3 VERY GOOD backs and you have one.  Your one "great" back is going to find that shining in the Big East will be far more difficult then it was in CUSA .... where defense has yet to be invented ;)

I'll have to check Hall's stats to see who he has piled the yards on. If I remember, I watched USF vs UAB last year and Hall had a huge game (two long TD runs), but that was UAB. He will not have a big day like that against bigger and faster defensives in the BE.  Hall will fair no better, perhaps worse, then either of Uconn's top 2 backs.  Just like you all think joining the BE is such a great thing, you are soon to find out that your back is no beter than many other backs in the BE.

DW

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uconn is so in for a surpise...i will not ruin it by telling!

Look at this talk from one fellow cellar dweller to the other.  Surprise?  Uconn is epected to be only slightly better than USF this year.  The only insult was putting Rutgers in the 6th slot ahead of only USF and Cincy.  In my opinion, the only surprise this year is that Rutgers could be BCS bowl bound.  They are that close!!!!  of course that is just my opinion.  Just the same, Rutgers going to a BCS bowl game is absolutely absrd!!! That just what I think of USF chances of finishing better than 7th place in the BE.  Talk about people soon to get a surprise?  Hopefully USF will get pinched early so you all don't get your hopes up so high that it hurts too much when you fall. In the mean time ... keep dreamin ::lmao::

DW

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

You forget, Hall did all his production with EVERYONE knowing he was going to get the ball.  We had zero passing game last year.  It was Hall or nothing because Julmiste was just aweful.  Hopefully Courtney Denson is QB'ing... if he is... he can throw or run better than Pat and then people can't focus on Hall.

1400 yards when you are the focus, and didn't play but a couple plays in our IAA game, and didn't play much in the SC game.  He essentially did 1400 yards in 9 games (9 1/2 actually).

You put great in quotes, but I don't see quotes around it on ESPN.com or any other service.  He is listed up there with D'Angelo Williams, Michael Bush, and Adrian Peterson.  That is pretty good company, wouldn't you say?

Brockington lead the BE in rushing yards and yards per carry last year as a sophmore. He was second in total all purpose yards.  Still, Caulley is even better.

Brockington rushed for 1,200 yards against better competition. He was the only player in the BE to average over 100 yards rushing per game. Still, Caulley is better.

Against Pitt last year, Hall gained 85 yards with 15 carries. Not bad. However, Brockington gained 185 yards on 31 carries and he was the #1 reason that Uconn won their biggest game ever.  Brockington was key for Uconn last year and he will be expected to play a large role for Uconn this year.  Still, Caulley is better.  Since Uconn has two quality backs, it will be hard for either of these backs to compare statistically to Hall this year.  So what does Hall have that either Caulley or Brockington doesn't?  Well for one, Hall is rated by ESPN as a top 5 back. Woopy!!

Let's see how he holds up in the BE.  He is a strong runner, but he will be running into a brick wall. Also, he will have to learn to be more of a pass option, as whether you like it or not, USF is going to be forced to put the ball in the air if they stand any chance of winning.  Hall's stats will suffer as a result.  You all will see ;)

DW

UConn actually had an offense last year and a QB... the running game benefits big time when you have a superstar QB.

Hall was THE target of defenses and he still rushed for huge yards.  We'll see how you do without your superstar QB.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7

from a member of a family with a long line of URI alumni, UConn can EAT IT

seriously though, i might try  to make the USF-UConn game. i have family all over the region.

Same here, i'm a NH native.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

from a member of a family with a long line of URI alumni, UConn can EAT IT

seriously though, i might try  to make the USF-UConn game. i have family all over the region.

My wife graduated from URI.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

...and I thought that this was a basketball thread.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Brockington lead the BE in rushing yards and yards per carry last year as a sophmore. He was second in total all purpose yards.  Still, Caulley is even better.

Brockington rushed for 1,200 yards against better competition. He was the only player in the BE to average over 100 yards rushing per game. Still, Caulley is better.

Against Pitt last year, Hall gained 85 yards with 15 carries. Not bad. However, Brockington gained 185 yards on 31 carries and he was the #1 reason that Uconn won their biggest game ever.  Brockington was key for Uconn last year and he will be expected to play a large role for Uconn this year.  Still, Caulley is better.  Since Uconn has two quality backs, it will be hard for either of these backs to compare statistically to Hall this year.  So what does Hall have that either Caulley or Brockington doesn't?  Well for one, Hall is rated by ESPN as a top 5 back. Woopy!!

Let's see how he holds up in the BE.  He is a strong runner, but he will be running into a brick wall. Also, he will have to learn to be more of a pass option, as whether you like it or not, USF is going to be forced to put the ball in the air if they stand any chance of winning.  Hall's stats will suffer as a result.  You all will see ;)

DW

let me see if i can do the math 15 carries 85 yds vs 31 carries for 185

hmmm... if i multiply 15 by 2 i get 30

so... if i multiply 85 by 2 i get 170

so how does 170 compare to 185...not too shabby!