• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

Velcro wrote:

We do have something to prove in the big east... but you have something to prove with us and with the big east.  We have no more to prove than you do. We are an 8 year old program that has already beaten UL, Cincy, Uconn twice, Pittsburg.  You had a good year last year... but you haven't proven anything more than we have.  

The Uconn wins are nothing to brag about. Louisville and Cincy do not impress me either. When did you beat Pitt? Now that IS impressive. Uconn beat them last year. Everyone thought Uconn beating Pitt spelled doom for the Panthers. Ya right, they went on to have a great season while Uconn took a step back due to the injury to Tyler King - our best defensive lineman.  SO what was more impressive? Uconn's win over Pitt or USF's? I dunno ????

Uconn HAS proven a lot more than USF. For one, which proved we could beat Army  ;D (ouch).  No one realized just how hard it was going to be for Uconn in their first year in the Bigeast. USF is just about to find out. It will be much tougher to get a win here than it did in C-USA. If I remember correctly, USF only had for C-USA wins???? USF MAY get two wins in the Big East their first year. If you manage to get 4, then that would be a tremendous statement. However, getting one of those two will have to come at the expense of Uconn. Just don't see it happening.  So in the end, my "rules" was just to get ones dander up and I suppose I succeeded to some degree. You are right, we both have a lot to prove next season. My point is that there is just a bit more on the line for USF because there are a lot of doubters betting on USF being a bust for the Big East. I don't think like that at all, I think USF is going to be scary goos in a couple of years.

Bullieve, thanks for the welcome. I won't be attacking people here, but I'll take it as a compliment that you would think me capable of such a thing. I did get personal on the old BE fan forum, but mostly out of necessity due to the total lack of moderating on that board. If you were referring to me showing Velcro my butt, I certainly hope that Velcro didn't take that as a personal attack. Just some lighthearted smack is all and I have enjoyed our exchanges.

As for that attendance thing. The Uconn forum is not the official site for reporting attendance. They likely listed 40,000 because it looked good  ;) I don't know?  The Big East website lists the Huskies average attendance at 39,304 for 7 games. I know that is not correct either. I believe that the NCAA counts atual fannies in the seats - not tickets sold or given away free. So I suppose the NCAA would be the best source to get official attendance records.  

I am not aware of any free promotions. Students get a discount, but I am not aware of any promotions where the gates were opened free of charge. Uconn has not had to do that as we have had no problem selling season tickets. Last year's season ticket sales were @ 26K. They did sell 1,000 at the spring game which was a huge day for season ticket sales. Uconn ran a special "tag"sale that day where all unsold seats were tagged. That way you could actually see the seats before you bought them. This turned out to be a very popular and successful way to sell season tickets.  Uconn just might hit 30K season ticket holders this year. Certainly we will hit that mark by 2007.

What is USF actual turnstile figurs? Many are saying that USFs actual attendance is closer to 10,000 than 26,000. What is your say on that?

DW

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Bullieve, thanks for the welcome. I won't be attacking people here, but I'll take it as a compliment that you would think me capable of such a thing. I did get personal on the old BE fan forum, but mostly out of necessity due to the total lack of moderating on that board. If you were referring to me showing Velcro my butt, I certainly hope that Velcro didn't take that as a personal attack. Just some lighthearted smack is all and I have enjoyed our exchanges.

I didn't say anything about your capabilities as they relate to attacking people..

As for that attendance thing. The Uconn forum is not the official site for reporting attendance. They likely listed 40,000 because it looked good  ;) I don't know?  The Big East website lists the Huskies average attendance at 39,304 for 7 games. I know that is not correct either. I believe that the NCAA counts atual fannies in the seats - not tickets sold or given away free. So I suppose the NCAA would be the best source to get official attendance records.  

The attendance figures I quoted did not come from a forum, they came from the UConn official site.

I am not aware of any free promotions. Students get a discount, but I am not aware of any promotions where the gates were opened free of charge.

Doesn't have to be a promotion - tickets are often distributed to charities, potential recruits and their families, high schools, alums, politicians, etc.

What is USF actual turnstile figurs? Many are saying that USFs actual attendance is closer to 10,000 than 26,000. What is your say on that?

The many that say it is closer to 10k are quite uninformed.  The worse on memory was the last game last year at 11 a.m. for a game against Pitt that few cared about (postponed because of the hurricane).  That game I do not have the official count, but I heard it was one of our most poorly attended games.  Should any dunderhead wish to use that as an average, they'll certainly be wrong...Official reported (distributed) was 23,417 - I heard actual was closer to 15-16K for a game slated originally to be the season opener...

Don't go on offense about your attendance, I'm only asking how exactly 40K were distributed each time.  It's sort of funny - you still didn't answer and obviously you've never questioned it yourself.  No big deal.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

DW,

i must say, you've got a distorted sense of self worth if you think your accomplishments trump ours... our historys are similar in big wins, but we've whipped up on you.  We came from no program to big time in no time flat.  We had no conference affiliation to help us out for a few years.

You've got nothing on us except a year headstart in the big east.

Our win over pitt was in 2000, they went to a bowl that year, and it was our first year in IA, and 3rd year in exisitence!, and the game was AT Pitt.

We also beat a ranked Bowling Green team... but that isn't really much to brag about, they were ranked because of their record being great, but its not hard to have a great record in the Mac.

Bulliever, I guess I read to much into your greeting. I thought my reputation from the old board preceeded me here :)

I didn't mean to say forum, I meant to say Uconn website. I don't spend a lot of time going to the Uconn Website as I find there are better sources (actually) for Uconn data. I have made an inquiry on the Big East board I post on and have some more info for you. The Big East web site figure was backed up by that reported by the NCAA.  Here are two links to verify the information:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/mainpage.jsp

http://kenn.com/sports/football/ncaa/

Thank you for explaining the USF attendance issue. Yes, those wishing to slam USF fan support and accused them of inflating attendance figures did try to make their case by using that Pitt game for one.

Velcro, Thanks for enlightening me about USF's big wins. I look forward to our matchup in December and you better hope the Bulls come through for you .... or a whole heap of cow manure is going to be heading back your way  ;)

DW

Velcro, Thanks for enlightening me about USF's big wins. I look forward to our matchup in December and you better hope the Bulls come through for you .... or a whole heap of cow manure is going to be heading back your way  ;)

DW

Same goes for you, ...

we are hoping to leave some of our manure up in connecticut... hopefully you don't mind the warmth generated from all the dung... it will help keep you warm during the icy winter.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

ATTENTION UCONN - The University of South Florida is your daddy until further notice.

Uhh, Okay MarkeyMark, but as lore tells it, our Daddy was a test tube with some semen in it  [smiley=whip.gif] OUCH  ;D

DW

Uhh, Okay MarkeyMark, but as lore tells it, our Daddy was a test tube with some semen in it  [smiley=whip.gif] OUCH  ;D

DW

don't even know where to go from there!

::knighted:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15

It seems that my friend DW is over here ruffling feathers.  His quote: UofL and Cincy doesnt impress me but PITT does. HMMM.  

UofL vs UCONN all time UofL leads 1-0 with a 41-22 drumming.  UofL vs USF is 1-1 with the last game a pretty solid beating of the Bulls.  I know because I was there.  But here is where it gets interesting.  UofL vs Pitt 4-4 with UofL winning the last 4.  Now that is impressive right DW?  Or how about UofL vs BC at 3-3 all time?

The year that USF beat UofL was a strange one for us.  Very up and down but still we had a pretty good team.  USF kept us off balance for the entire game with a mix of option and drop back passing.  They were tough that season.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmmm,

No one has anything more to say?

I guess I win. Uconn rules ;D

DW