• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

Too bad about NCST. Your defense showed up, but just like at the REnt, your offense decised to skip ou on the Charlote Bowl. Sorry guys, but Uconn would have been the better BE representitive. The Meineke Care Bowl people wanted Uconn for obvious reasons that turned out to be true. A southern school does not travel well to NC. The question is does USF travel well at all? Have to question USF's inclusion in the BE here.

Not trying to stir you guys up too much, but I believe USF was a better fit in C-USA and is one day going to regret joining the BE. I think C-USA is going to be in up and coming FB conference. They are in a good region and all the bowls want their schools. It is just a matter of time befor C-USA starts getting those major bowls you guys coveted when you joined the BE. You guys got the Meineke bowl and blew it fan wise. Now the BE is in jeopardy of losing that bowl as well.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That's all well and good.  There's one thing you forgot...you weren't bowl eligible.  About C-USA, are you kidding?  They may one day improve, but right now, I'd put them behind the WAC and the Mountain West.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Ditto that SC.

BTW... Happy B-Day DW.

Guest HuskiesChewonBuscuits

Our fans blew it? How do you figure? First, in UCONN's first bowl bid last year you all only travelled about 5,000 deep. USF travelled with some 5,000+ Second, the pep rally in Charlotte was dominated by USF people. We were excited to be there and it showed. The reps from Meineke had nothing but good things to say about our representation in Charlotte. Hell, they were eccstatic that our 5,000+ fans were louder than the sea of NCSt people.

I'm sure you would like that we were back in C-USA, bub. Both of our schools have young football programs, but USF has clearly surpassed UConn. Recruiting out of Florida will continue to put us light years ahead of Uconn, talent-wise.

Go back to chewing on your buscuit, pup.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

uconn ruled usf this year for sure

• 2 weeks later...

That's all well and good.  There's one thing you forgot...you weren't bowl eligible.  About C-USA, are you kidding?  They may one day improve, but right now, I'd put them behind the WAC and the Mountain West.

I did not forget Uconn wasn't elegible ... lame. USF backed into that bowl just for that reason. Uconn would have brought 15-20K to Charlotte. I am surprised to see some here feel sending 5K was a good representation  ???

What got ridiculous was seeing every night a medicre or worse C-USA team playing in some meaningless bowl game. C-USA is in a great region and has consolidated themselves nicely into a 12 school conference. I am sure they would rather have USF than Marshall however. To the short sighted person, judging on whre C-USA is this year does make one seem smart to project that C-USA has no future. However, dig a little deeper and perhaps one could see the potential there.

Watch out USF fans , UCF just might be going to better bowls than you guys and joining the BE may not look like such a good move in the future. Of course, the BE right now is teetering on a ledge and who knows how the pieces will fall.

As for surpassing Uconn's FB program? Nice to see someone finally acknowledge we are better. Uconn just went through a rebuilding year and will be vastly improved next year. As for who will have the most success over the next five years (let's say), I'll hold my judgement until next seasons recruiting class. If Uconn has the big season I expect they WILL have next year, we will do quite well recruiting. I do not see that USF has any advantage over Uconn for attracting the best FB talent. Uconn will be opining its new indoor practice field and strength and conditioning facility. It's academics and on campus atmosphere leaves USF in the dust. I think USF WILL rise and compete with the other big schools in FLA. I just happen to think Uconn is aspiring to do a little better than that ;)

Thank Velcro for the B-day wishes....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

... USF backed into that bowl ....

::)

USF won 6 games ... which is what is required ... funny when people use this term.

UConn backed out of the bowl ?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

...I think USF WILL rise and compete with the other big schools in FLA. I just happen to think Uconn is aspiring to do a little better than that ...

really? so you expect uconn to:

a. win more than 7 NC over the next 20 years

b. be a top 10 program year in and year out

c. be the top choice for 5 star FL athletes

d. play and beat top 10 programs every year (sec acc B10 B12) in OCC

if the answer is not all of the above then you should rephrase your statement

...I think USF WILL rise and compete with the other big schools in FLA. I just happen to think Uconn is aspiring to do a little better than that ...

really? so you expect uconn to:

a. win more than 7 NC over the next 20 years

b. be a top 10 program year in and year out

c. be the top choice for 5 star FL athletes

d. play and beat top 10 programs every year (sec acc B10 B12) in OCC

if the answer is not all of the above then you should rephrase your statement

I think you need to rephrase yours. a) Name one Fla school that has won 7 NC in the past 20 years. B) name a Fla school that has finished the year in the top 10 in every year. c) Uconn doesn't need FLA 5 star recruits. FLa. is one of the largest recruiting hotbeds in the nation, but that doesn't mean the very best come out of FLorida. How many kids from Texas or USC came from Florida? d) Don't need to play top 10 OOC to be better than the FLA schools, but I see no reason why Uconn would not schedule top 10 teams. Right now we are still building towards that powerhouse program so scheduling top 10 teams now would be pretty stupid.  Getting OOC top 10 teams to play you is tough unless they get 2/1 or 1/0 and a sure win.

Finally, it is my opinion that Uconn is aspiring to do better than USF. What would you rather I think?