• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

USF Bulls!!!  ;D

We hear up here that you steers (USF) have very little fan support. Beware, Uconn is rabid about it's school. There will not be any trouble between our schools as long as the Bulls remember who rules.

You heard it from me first  [smiley=whip.gif]

GO HUSKIES !!!!!!!!!!!

GO BIG EAST !!!!!!!!

DW

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We have little fan support?

hmm... we beat you in Storrs in '00, you had 16k in attendance in a fairly close game

then we beat you down in tampa in front of 25k in '01.

Sounds like you have the attendance problem ;)

I think to claim you rule, you have to actually beat us once... until then, we own you.  ;D ;D

Can't wait for our game... i'm sure it will be nice and cold!

PS... i am originally from NH... so i grew up liking UConn hoops.

Oh contraire Velcro!! The game played in Storrs was played at Memorial stadium. It has a capacity of 16,000. We now play in a brand new stadium that seats 40,000. There are already plans to add another 15,000 seats since we have been regularly selling out the Rent (Rentchlers Field)

Sorry man, this is your first year in a real conference. Uconn has grown a lot since our last two meetings. WE own YOU until you can come in to our new home and and prove you belong in the Big East  ::knighted:  We'll be throwing everything we have at you so you all better save some for your trip up here. We are loaded with offensive weapons and all we need is a QB to step up and play big .... just a small matter  ;)

Well, until then, I still maintain that UCONN rules ......... The Bulls? Well, best rest up  [smiley=cowsleep.gif]

DW

Please explain how you own us?

I need a good laugh... ::)

you can't own someone that you are 0-2 against... LOL.  You act like you've got a huge big east history... you are a newby, just like us... and you are 0-2 against us.  But i guess you like to ignore the facts, so we'll let our team do the talking.

We own your ass and will continue to own it year in and year out.  ;D

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Velcro the ass-owner has spoken, you'd be wise to listen.

Funny, I don't think I have ever seen a school draw exactly 40,000 fans to 6 of 7 home games...the other being an odd count of 35,129.  Hmmm....sounds like we need some UCFers to count heads for us...

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/MFootball/2005/boxscores/teamgbg.htm

Bulliever,  you are very astute  ::triggerhappy:: You have me there - no doubt about it.  Uconn, to my knowledge, only has one legitimate sell out and that was the West Virginia game. That game actually turned out to be an embarassment as 30,000 of them filed out before the 3rd Qtr ended. They are using actual seats sold, not heads, just as you assume. Funny how you bring that up though, because I hear that USF does the same thing. I have read posts about those who have attended USF games and were amazed by the posted attendance - something like 26K when it hardly looked more than 10K.  Here seems to be a case of the ketttle calling the pot black  ;D

As for you Velcro [smiley=moon2.gif]  Ya that's my ass  :D

Let's see, how do the Huskies own the Bulls? Hey, say what you want about the Huskies being newbies. So what if you won two games against a sorry arse squad of Huskies back in the stone ages. USF had a good Div 1AA program and were far better than anything Uconn could put on the field as a 1A team - seeing we were in tansition and did not have a full 1A roster yet. Hats off to you all and those wins do count and you SHOULD BE VERY PROUD of them. Any team that can beat my beloved Huskies has the right to be proud ;)

Just the same Velco, Uconn paid their dues last year and proved we belonged. If it was not for a key injury to our defensive End Tyler King, Uconn had a legitimate shot of winning the conference championship last year. With Kings injury, our defense just couldn't hold up. King's worth became clear when he returned for the Motor City bowl against Toledo.

What I am saying is that USF has something to prove to the Big East. There are a lot of doubters that are extremely upset that USF was invited. I however have always supported USF's inclusion. I am very excited about te Bulls being in the Big East and can not wait for Uconn's first game in Tampa. I WILL BE THERE !! So go out there this fall and kick some butt. It is going to be difficult, but I wish you all well and hope you atleast beat Cincinatti. Rutgers and Uconn would be possibilities as well, but as I said before, you'll just have to beat us to make 'bullievers" out of many.

So, Uconn rules and I am sticking to it ..... until December at least  ;D

I'll end here with a toast to my new friends here in the Bullpen and I look forward to many more visits.  Great board you all have here.  ::toasting::

DW

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

dw4uconn,

Welcome to our board.  Feel free to post anything you'd like except personal attacks.

We do have something to prove in the big east... but you have something to prove with us and with the big east.  We have no more to prove than you do. We are an 8 year old program that has already beaten UL, Cincy, Uconn twice, Pittsburg.  You had a good year last year... but you haven't proven anything more than we have.  

Bulliever,  you are very astute  ::triggerhappy:: You have me there - no doubt about it.  Uconn, to my knowledge, only has one legitimate sell out and that was the West Virginia game. That game actually turned out to be an embarassment as 30,000 of them filed out before the 3rd Qtr ended. They are using actual seats sold, not heads, just as you assume. Funny how you bring that up though, because I hear that USF does the same thing. I have read posts about those who have attended USF games and were amazed by the posted attendance - something like 26K when it hardly looked more than 10K.  Here seems to be a case of the ketttle calling the pot black  ;D

DW, I didn't call anyone anything - kettle or otherwise.  First you didn't "sell" 40,000 - you distributed them.  

I just found it funny.   I've not seen that anywhere else  - and there are other schools that count tickets "distributed (not likely that all are sold)" and still don't distribute the same every game in their "sold out" stadiums.  40,000 just sounds presumptious and lazy, especially when I read about one thousand tickets sold during the Spring Game (and more remaining).  Makes you wonder who settles on that number to report and why.