• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you think the outcome would be if

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

...we got a chance to play the conf championship game against Temple?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Having lost to them once this season, I don't see why it would be some great feat to do it twice.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

...and it wasn't a fluke.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

33 minutes ago, Soopuh Fly said:

I would think that one of us had been moved to the West Division.

• Upvote 4

I think we'd take em down. Offense would put up the points. I think the defense would play much more inspired, not difficult as they barely had a pulse last time. Too bad we can't get another crack at those guys. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I mean, right now Temple is on fire. They have two backs who can take it to the house and a bruising fullback. They have a dynamic WR and a QB gaining confidence that can make plays with his legs. They have a strangling defense that attacks the ball and a special teams unit that can block kicks. They play true power and it doesn't look like anyone can stop them right now. Big thing is they are gaining confidence and hitting the soft spot of their schedule. 

I really don't know what to make of this team but the loss to Penn State a big ether every day. The Memphis game shows you that they have trouble coming back from large deficits, but who is gonna do that on their remaining schedule?

Who knows what would happen, but stopping the run as well as the pass successfully and keeping our defense off the field would still be extremely difficult. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I think we would beat them. While they're certainly heating up, the biggest problem during that game was the 11 penalties for a whopping 88 yards.

Most of them were on offense but one of the defensive penalties was that stupid and untimely unsportsmanlike penalty on Juwuan Brown after that sack. Would have put them at 2nd and 27 and arguably would have led to a punt by Temple. Instead, that gave them a first down and led to a touchdown. 

The holding penalty that negated and effectively made QF's run that led to his injury was costly, as it eventually forced us to play Kean on a 3rd and forever out of his own endzone. I don't blame him for throwing the INT he did, that was a lot of pressure on the young man. Not much different than when Eveld came in on 3rd and (17?) against FSU in 2012 and got sack-fumbled for an eventual TD that changed the game. 

I think the team, while allowing so many points and yards over time against Navy, showed a lot more discipline while the game was more competitive. 42-14 is a great place to be in at halftime against any opponent, especially a ranked one. 

So I think that if the team was given an opportunity to right the ship, they would do so. And would at least put themselves up out of reach before slowing their jets and letting Temple get a couple TDs back. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Unless something changes on our defense, they'd still run right over us.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Soopuh Fly said:

We can't play them in the CCG, being that both teams are in the Eastern division. They are a bad style match-up for us. No reason to believe they wouldn't run all over us again, and their defense did a decent job of containing Flowers and the offense. They are playing their best ball now, and are at the softest part of our schedule. Not good.

Yes, we all know that we can't actually play them in the CCG. Just a hypothetical and assumed the question was understood as such. I'm thinking this team is still learning to win. They went to Temple and played their worst game of the year. And that if we had a chance to play Temple again, we'd put up a much better effort defensively.