• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Adams future replacement = Emare Hogan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Hogan is a two star. I doubt he's just walking in and replacing Adams.

Wait until the end of the process, those numbers can shift. Hogan has impressed on film. Don't forget about Randall St. Felix. Another under the radar recruit. Barr is fixin to be that guy in the slot. McCants/Saloman and MVS/Bronson on the outside.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

McCants is our most underutilized WR. He catches everything thrown his way and has the speed/size combo to break some tackles and make it all the way. I've never been really impressed with Barr.

Edited by Shockley3333
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629
  • Days Won:  0

Our offense won't feature multiple WR's until Kean becomes the QB. With Flowers running things, the offense will be Flowers/Mack/Adams/Johnson. Next year it will be Flowers/Johnson/MVS assuming Mack leaves.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Shockley3333 said:

McCants is our most underutilized WR. He catches everything thrown his way and has the speed/size combo to break some tackles and make it all the way. I've never been really impressed with Barr.

Agree with you on McCants, although he's seeing more targets this year than he ever has, at our most loaded at his position.  I love the kid, I wish we would throw it his way more, but there are only so many passes we attempt, especially with the way we run.  Adams and MVS are clearly the top two WRs on the roster.

As for Barr, I don't think he's really ever been put in a position where he could impress us.  I'm impressed with the speed because I think his speed matches up well against anyone, but last year he was used almost exclusively on the jet sweep.  He hasn't been asked to run routes very much.  Who knows why that is ... 

Also want to see more from Stanley Clerveaux.  I have a feeling it will be wide open next year after Adams is gone - maybe we'll spread the ball around a little more.  

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I don't really need to see much Clerveaux as long as Adams, Bronson, MVS are healthy.

We are just loaded at WR

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

Our offense won't feature multiple WR's until Kean becomes the QB. With Flowers running things, the offense will be Flowers/Mack/Adams/Johnson. Next year it will be Flowers/Johnson/MVS assuming Mack leaves.

He's been throwing quite a few balls to Wilcox recently

I'm guessing as QF gets more comfortable in the system, he'll be slinging it all over the field, next year should be very special if he stays healthy

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, charsibb said:

He's been throwing quite a few balls to Wilcox recently

I'm guessing as QF gets more comfortable in the system, he'll be slinging it all over the field, next year should be very special if he stays healthy

Dillon is back healthy and atop the depth chart, so curious if there will be some dual-TE looks.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

We are loaded at receiver but we're not able to use them enough because of Flowers' limitations as a passer. Imagine the things Grothe or BJ could do in this offense

12 minutes ago, HOTbull19 said:

We are loaded at receiver but we're not able to use them enough because of Flowers' limitations as a passer. Imagine the things Grothe or BJ could do in this offense

Eh, a case can be made for that, but I think it's more because we're so much more successful running the ball.  I think most coaches (and OLinemen for that matter) dream of being able to run the ball the way we do.  

• Upvote 1