• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Streaks... and other interesting stats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

All that matters is that we just keep winning. Winning will solve a lot of our problems. The Bay area is still trying to bullieve that this CWT Football team is the real deal. Yes last year was a great finish and this year has been off to an awesome start, but after 4 BAD BAD years we lost a lot of borderline fans. Win consistently and win the games you aren't supposed to, you will start to see a lot less red and lot more green

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Great post Jim!

8 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

If everyone bought an extra season ticket or 2 and invited people who normally wouldn't attend, that could be a start. I invite people and actually had a couple buy season tickets this year because they enjoyed it. 

I have six season tickets... for the ECU game, five of them went into a trash can.  Last night I had to post on Twitter to find a taker for two of them (the others were used by friends).  I couldn't find friends to go to the FSU game and sold two tickets (thankfully to USF fans).

I can't get a casual fan to be interested... especially for the God-awful Noon games.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

I have six season tickets... for the ECU game, five of them went into a trash can.  Last night I had to post on Twitter to find a taker for two of them (the others were used by friends).  I couldn't find friends to go to the FSU game and sold two tickets (thankfully to USF fans).

I can't get a casual fan to be interested... especially for the God-awful Noon games.

I know the pain, I'm just lucky I work with a lot of people. I've had struggles giving away tickets also. The atmosphere at Ray Jay isn't good. 

I love Ray Jay... especially with the new scoreboards.  I love my club access, especially the A/C.

I don't know why people the atmosphere isn't good.  It's an NFL stadium.

From my perspective, the problem with the atmosphere is the SOLELY CAUSED by the lack of fans.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

It's crazy to think that 2 seasons ago we were struggling to even score a touchdown. Now we score a minimum of 35 points per game for multiple games. I remember hoping to see some kind of different team when I watched game by game from the Holtz error to the beginning of the Taggart era. It's so refreshing to see this team do this well.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

8 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Breaking into the Top 25 may get the hype machine rolling, and get us a little more attention from the local press. Being ranked going into the CCG, and winning it at home, will help gain momentum as well. Winning the CCG, finishing the year ranked, and being ranked in the pre-season poll may be a necessity to keep the attendance at a decent level. 

This.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The most important streak will be in the next three games, all against teams with +500 records, so far we've played a bunch of losers and FSU

If we're just going to have another late-season collapse, why should anyone bother to come?

CWT needs to prove he can win late, and against stiffer competition. He does that consistently and the fans will return.

We all remember the atmosphere that was the 2007 WVU game.

Tampa can do it. IF it wants to.

Let's go 1-0 three more times. GO BULLS!!!!!!

Guest PCBull14
3 minutes ago, charsibb said:

The most important streak will be in the next three games, all against teams with +500 records, so far we've played a bunch of losers and FSU

If we're just going to have another late-season collapse, why should anyone bother to come?

CWT needs to prove he can win late, and against stiffer competition. He does that consistently and the fans will return.

We all remember the atmosphere that was the 2007 WVU game.

Tampa can do it. IF it wants to.

Let's go 1-0 three more times. GO BULLS!!!!!!

Syracuse just beat #17 Va Tech. NIU has given everyone they've played fits besides us. UConn should have beaten Navy and beat down Cincy. We destroyed both and quite frankly should have been wider margins. 

We will be fine. Play at least a B game and we run the table. This team is way above everyone else. It's clear watching the games. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 minute ago, PCBull14 said:

Syracuse just beat #17 Va Tech. NIU has given everyone they've played fits besides us. UConn should have beaten Navy and beat down Cincy. We destroyed both and quite frankly should have been wider margins. 

We will be fine. Play at least a B game and we run the table. This team is way above everyone else. It's clear watching the games. 

Clear as mud to those not watching

Even for those of us watching, and posting at the same time, it's not so clear. Lots of "WTF" lamentations going on during the game.

This team has talent, and both the players and coaches are getting better as we go along, but we really haven't proven anything.

YET!

But we will!

Go Bulls, Trounce Temple!!!