• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players about attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

'Where the heck were the fans tonite?  The stadium looked empty on TV.  Why is there no interest in USF football in Tampa Bay?  Tonite looked so bad this issue will effect recruiting.  How can a FBS program survive with this type of attendance?  Where are the graduates of the last twenty yrs?  It seems the USF marketing department needs to spend some long hrs at the ofc to get more butts in seats.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, BullDoug said:

'Where the heck were the fans tonite?  The stadium looked empty on TV.  Why is there no interest in USF football in Tampa Bay?  Tonite looked so bad this issue will effect recruiting.  How can a FBS program survive with this type of attendance?  Where are the graduates of the last twenty yrs?  It seems the USF marketing department needs to spend some long hrs at the ofc to get more butts in seats.

Bad weather, rain?

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

It wasnt that bad....seems like 75% of fans are behind the team the visiting side has just a few thousand.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

It wasnt that bad....seems like 75% of fans are behind the team the visiting side has just a few thousand.

The cameras are on the home side, so it doesn't really provide an accurate idea of the stadium capacity.

I suppose one would see the visitor side and assume that the other side is equal in attendance. The reality is the other side could be 80-90% full compared to only 20-40% on that visitor's side.

Plus I heard the student section was mostly full. The reason it didn't full up in unison was probably due to the ability to drive to the game for free.  If the students show up, it makes a big difference.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The reason it didn't fill up is because people didn't care enough to go.  That simple.

I've been a season ticket holder from day one and I love going to the games.  It hurts me to see the lack of community support for this team, and I'm sure it hurts the players and coaches.  When they turn on the TV and see a packed house, or an almost packed house for so many games, it has to make them wonder why not for us?  This is the best team we've had in years, maybe ever, and the attendance just doesn't get better.  There was a lot of damage done by Holtz and the start of the Coach T era, but anybody can see we are playing pretty well now.

I don't know why so many ex fans have given up on the team or moved on, or at least don't care enough any more to buy tickets and show up, but i hope that Coach T and the young men can not let it bother them.  I am proud of my Bulls and I cheer them on whenever I can.  I'll be there with my wife for Navy in a couple weeks.

I hope we can make it to the championship game, but I almost wish it would be in Houston (closer for me with probably a better game atmosphere) except that would mean we would have to lose another game, which I would not want.

I wish more people in the Bay area could find a love for college ball.  It truly is better than the pro game.  

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Keep winning consistently for more than 1 year and things will pick up. I've had a lot more people at work talk to me about USF this year than in the past couple years. Us diehards know how amazing and fun this team is to watch, we just need to get others to see it. My fiancé and I have 2 extra season tickets and bring people from our jobs, church, etc along with us. A couple purchased season tickets this year because of it. We need to be the voice of USF in our community.