• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Anyone else really concerned with our run defense?  I thought by now Coach Woodie would have come up with a solution.  It seems we cannot stop anyone from running up the middle. This reminds me of our run defense...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780

My saloon door pic is not posting, but you get the idea. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, the Defense is still the biggest concern. The only way they ever get a stop is when they create a turnover. This needs to improve b/c we won't be able to out score everybody.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

17 minutes ago, pmcbri2 said:

Yes, the Defense is still the biggest concern. The only way they ever get a stop is when they create a turnover. This needs to improve b/c we won't be able to out score everybody.

Why won't we be able to out score everybody. Who are we playing that has a better offense. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

Let us remember to date we have played one game against a team with a winning record and they killed us. Will feel much better when we beat a winner.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I wonder if UCiF complained about their soft behind schedule when they got the conference championship. They played a weak schedule and still struggled. If I'm not mistaken we haven't struggled yet thus year aside from when we were out played. Correct me if I'm wrong but our victories are all double digits. 

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
5 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I wonder if UCiF complained about their soft behind schedule when they got the conference championship. They played a weak schedule and still struggled. If I'm not mistaken we haven't struggled yet thus year aside from when we were out played. Correct me if I'm wrong but our victories are all double digits. 

Double digits and we've yet to play a complete game. That game yesterday might ignite the fire we need. I mean it had no business being close I figured we'd honestly get up 45-13ish and put a another score in an call it a game. Then things change and they guys had work for the entire game. Anyone can beat you on any day. Lesson learned come out hot and get pulled for the day as quick as possible. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700

Here are my usual IF statements again with regard to yesterday's game. IF we scored in the 1st quarted when we were in the redzone instead of making stupid penalties and IF Mack does not fumble and IF we get that score at the end of the game that everyone is so upset about...on paper this score reads more like 62-22 Bulls. As others have said, we haven't played a complete game and we made silly errors that we may not make in a game when we are "on". That game looked and felt much closer than it ever had to be..with those scores that really were likely to happen in a game that we aren't hurting ourselves with silly turnovers and penalties, we win yesterday's game by 40 and we feel much differently about it. If we score 62, I doubt ECU has the type of momentum they had at times that allowed them to score 22. Therefore the differential is possibly larger than 40 points. We dominated yesterday and you guys didn't even know it! :)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Mistakes are mistakes (and can be corrected), but they are arguably the reason the score wasn't much higher. You'd like to think at least 3 points would have came from Mack's run to the 7 before he fumbled it next play.  We had several drives begin and go well until penalties backed us up. Like USFBulls12 said, we could have put 50+ on the board if we got out of our own way.

We've beaten the bad teams like we should have. While we probably should have beaten ECU by more than 16 points, the defense let their backup QB get hot and it turned the game around for ECU. Even then, they tightened up when needed and the offense turned the defense's stops into big points at the end to clinch the victory. 

Its not the win we might have wanted, but they still handled business accordingly. Next step is to take UConn to the woodshed. 

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
5 minutes ago, Breedwell said:

Its not the win we might have wanted, but they still handled business accordingly. Next step is to take UConn to the woodshed. 

Lucky for you. I think that exact thing happens especially after this media fall out. You made about that last drive, y'all haven't seen anything yet.