• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian VanGorder

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

Would anyone be interested in bringing in VanGorder to help Woodie out? Obviously, he didn't work out for ND, but maybe he could help us sure up our defense. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

12 minutes ago, bullfan04 said:

Would anyone be interested in bringing in VanGorder to help Woodie out? Obviously, he didn't work out for ND, but maybe he could help us sure up our defense. 

Lets see:

Towsen: First game. FCS opponent.  New DC.  Gave up 10 pts in the first half before 2nd string slowly were being entered. They gave up another 10 points in the 2nd half

NIU: Gave up 7 points, until lthe 4th when they picked up 10 points in "garbage time."

Cuse:  Cuse came out with their extremely fast-tempo offense.  USF was shocked/smacked and gave up 17 int he 1st Q.  everyone seems to forget that Cuse only gt 3 pts the rest of the game... How could that be???  Could it have been that the DC adjusted for it

FSU is the only aberration so far.  People seem to forget that they are an extremely talented team.  Most everyone's pre-season predictions had this game as a loss, even by most of the Bullpenners.  FSU gets toasted last week (which has happened to practically every team) and suddenly this becomes almost a sure win to a not of people?

It's still only 4 games in with Woodie.  Over-reaction much?

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Dogma said:

Lets see:

Towsen: First game. FCS opponent.  New DC.  Gave up 10 pts in the first half before 2nd string slowly were being entered. They gave up another 10 points in the 2nd half

NIU: Gave up 7 points, until lthe 4th when they picked up 10 points in "garbage time."

Cuse:  Cuse came out with their extremely fast-tempo offense.  USF was shocked/smacked and gave up 17 int he 1st Q.  everyone seems to forget that Cuse only gt 3 pts the rest of the game... How could that be???  Could it have been that the DC adjusted for it

FSU is the only aberration so far.  People seem to forget that they are an extremely talented team.  Most everyone's pre-season predictions had this game as a loss, even by most of the Bullpenners.  FSU gets toasted last week (which has happened to practically every team) and suddenly this becomes almost a sure win to a not of people?

:angrymob: no logic zone right now. This game hurt our feels. You take those words back and pick up a torch or pick fork like the rest of us.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Who? Just because he worked at ND does not mean he is worth a ****.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,584
  • Days Won:  29

The agony . . . LOL

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

I was just looking over the CBF headlines.  You make good points Dogma. I feel like the defense has been a bend don't break style defense, which is what you get with a base nickel defense. I'd like to see woodie mix in more aggressive fronts and more of a mean streak from our team, but overall the defense has been fine (outside yesterday). I'm feeling good about the team.

This wasn't supposed to come off as an overreaction thread. I'm sure VanGorder is looking for work and just maybe he could be an addition to bring in some ideas. I'm not saying we need him.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, Dogma said:

Over-reaction much?

Here?? ......................... Nah.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Dogma said:

Lets see:

I must have been drunk when I posted this.  So many spelling/grammar errors :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I hear Les Miles is out of a job...

(Kidding)

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

I've noticed the main people overreacting are those that have been a TBP member for 10 years, but only have 20 posts. I bet they only come around when they want to bash the team or coaching staff. 

• Upvote 3