• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF has 12 points in USA Today Coaches Poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Neither has 90% of the top 25. 

Fair point 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118

20 hours ago, Triple B said:

Only if FSU lost to L'ville. If we beat Syracuse, we'll enter in the low 20's, high teens. FSU could be ranked #1 going into our game if undefeated. There's no way we jump them unless we totally annihilated them. If they lose to L'ville and we beat them, there is a possibility we'd come out ranked higher.

Eh...I disagree. If an unbeaten USF knocks off FSU, USF would jump up to 12-ish, and FSU would drop, losing to a 'group of 5' nobody like USF beyond that. Houston jumped well past Oklahoma, who was #3 at the time they played last week. Houston has more cache than USF, which would cause FSU's drop to be the more precipitous. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

22 minutes ago, keithroby said:

Eh...I disagree. If an unbeaten USF knocks off FSU, USF would jump up to 12-ish, and FSU would drop, losing to a 'group of 5' nobody like USF beyond that. Houston jumped well past Oklahoma, who was #3 at the time they played last week. Houston has more cache than USF, which would cause FSU's drop to be the more precipitous. 

Well they may drop quite a bit, there is no way we are going from un-ranked to 12-ish.  I would love to believe it but as that ever happened?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  296

9 minutes ago, MMW said:

Well they may drop quite a bit, there is no way we are going from un-ranked to 12-ish.  I would love to believe it but as that ever happened?

Texas was unranked when they beat Notre Dame week 1 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

17 minutes ago, MMW said:

I think they would drop us in a 18-20 spot.  We haven't paid our dues yet, so we would have to have a slow creep up as others go down.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, MMW said:

Not a group of five team anyway. But also think about it from the outside looking in. How many times in history has a mid major beat the #2 (or #1) team in the country? There's no benchmark. I'm still not ready to drink the kool aid. I want to win more than anything but I'll be happy with keeping it close and competitive. I'll be interested to see the line.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Not a group of five team anyway. But also think about it from the outside looking in. How many times in history has a mid major beat the #2 (or #1) team in the country? There's no benchmark. I'm still not ready to drink the kool aid. I want to win more than anything but I'll be happy with keeping it close and competitive. I'll be interested to see the line.

I don't think we have seen a beast mode RB this year yet, so not sure how that will go.  Just hope we never give them 4th downs.  Wait...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, HOTbull said:

Texas was unranked when they beat Notre Dame week 1 

You are correct so I guess it is possible.  It probably helps if you are Texas though.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

CBS has us down three spots at 31. To go from 28 last week to 31 this week is ridiculous. SEVEN 1-1 teams ahead of us. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360

19 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

CBS has us down three spots at 31. To go from 28 last week to 31 this week is ridiculous. SEVEN 1-1 teams ahead of us. 

Maybe they thought we shouldve quadrupled NIU's score instead of tripled ?