• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  446
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking there was about 4k there.

1,500 is definitely WAY off.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

the cocks had almost 40k but they said usually it is 8-10k

just under 4 k is ok for me after last yrs dismal season

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

My expectations are nothing more than what was promised by USF Marketing.  Next Level...I just want to know what the crap that means.  I don't expect us to have a crowd like MSU or USC has, there's just nothing difficult about setting a stage to have the mentality that a bigger program has.  If you do things the way you've always done them, you'll always have the same results.

And...I was quite pleased with the attendance, particularly with no significant media coverage from the Trib leading into the game.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Being there and looking at how the lower level and club level, 3,800 is very realistic number.  

I'm not sure where he got 1,500... maybe he got there late in the 4th quarter after alot of people had already gone home.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I thought 3,800 was very conservative.  I tried to analyze the side sections and estimated that each section could hold about 750 people.  At 75% full there would've been (750 * 8 )*.5 = 3,00 plus there we people in the corners and in the second level.  I made an initial guess of 5,000 and wouldn't have been suprised to see more.

The count was generated by counting the actual tickets and I have to wonder if there are some missing bags.  After all this is Florida :)

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

3,800 would be a lot (for many schools).

St Pete Times USF Beat Writer said this about the crowd: "The attendance at Raymond James Stadium was announced as 3,800, but never looked to be more than 1,500 or so on a chilly Saturday night."

Still sounds like it was better then last year. (I think UCF only had 2 crowds in that 1,500-2,000 range--when Culpepper was here.

KL

So......how many fans did UCF have at it's spring game?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I thought 3,800 was very conservative.  I tried to analyze the side sections and estimated that each section could hold about 750 people.  At 75% full there would've been (750 * 8 )*.5 = 3,00 plus there we people in the corners and in the second level.  I made an initial guess of 5,000 and wouldn't have been suprised to see more.

I agree - around 8:00 it looked like the first level was about 1/2 full and the club seats about 1/4 full.  I thought it would come in at least 5,000.  Folks around me were talking about how surprised they were at such a good turnout.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

This goes out to CoolBull1

There was talk of getting a mic for one of the cheerleaders just like they have at South Carolina.  It was Actually Mr. Wollard who brought it up.  I dont know what steps if any have been made to make this happen.  Its just up to the marketing dept to make it happen.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Guess that comment of around 1500 could be right if he looked after second half. the temp was dropping and the offenses were going nowhere so many that came with kids left early. I was there and the 3800 sounds about right.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

This goes out to CoolBull1

There was talk of getting a mic for one of the cheerleaders just like they have at South Carolina.  It was Actually Mr. Wollard who brought it up.  I dont know what steps if any have been made to make this happen.  Its just up to the marketing dept to make it happen.

no offense since apparently you are/were a cheerleader....

but does the crowd really want to listen to the cheerleaders?  i thought they were only there for something to look at during timeouts....

and during peak attendance my guess would have been around 5k from watching on TV