• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Tonight! Lot's better than last year. Estimate about 12-14000. D looked good O sucked. Had a few highlights, but WE NEED A QB!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

12-14??  wow, didnt look anywhere close to that on tv

i was gonna say 5k tops

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

the article howie posted said announced crowd was 3800

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Tonight! Lot's better than last year. Estimate about 12-14000.

Only if  RayJay holds 150K ... 3800 sounds about right. Still a decent crowd for us. I'm thinking if Denson was playing maybe a few more would have showed up.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

Just got home from the game. The crowd was much better than last years spring game which was literally a cooker.  This year, nice and cool getting much cooler after the sun went down. When we left the score was still 0-7, not a lot of offense happening.

I would consider the night time spring game a success given the fact that they contained it to the east side and the stands seemed pretty filled.  Folks were a little slow to get into the stands as the folks were slow to get in until about 7:30 or so.  Overall, a much better experience then last year,  it will be interesting to hear the official attendance numbers.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Didn't notice much difference between this and previous years...not sure what the "next level" was all about.  Maybe that meant we're TRYING to think of something cool to do but we're not sure what yet.  How hard is it to get the Band out there?  The spring games on ESPN...the Band is there, granted, there are more fans there too which could justify them being there but NOTHING at Halftime.

Also, give one of the cheerleaders a microphone or something.  It's as if there not even there.  This isn't a basketball game in a nice intimate, accoustically contained environment.   You're not cheering towards the 250 people who can hear you only...open it up.  How hard is it to put these elements in place.  Do I have to go to work for USF to make it happen????

It's hard enough to sit through a scrimmage even as a huge fan...liven the thing up so the casual fan can have an enjoyable experience and say to themselves.... "hey, maybe I'll come back for a real game...that was cool."  

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

I am mystifed at what people actually expect this to be.

It's a scrimmage...open to the public. That's it.

Are you concerned with what you see on the field - are you hoping for an insight as to how the team could develop over the coming season, or are you concerned with the 'bells and whistles' (e.g. band & cheerleaders)? Since our band could .... how to phrase this.... "use some work", I'm not certain that they'd add more than they'd take away.  Again, I go back to the 'point' of what the spring game is anyway.  

Comparing ESPNs coverage of Spring Games to what USF has to offer is a grand mistake. IF we got close to 3.8K there last night (about 10% of what South Carolina had in Columbia)...which is a lot more than we had last year...I'd say it was a success.  I think it was smart to move the game to 7:00, as it offered plenty of time to tailgate.

I think USF did a good job of this years spring game.  The next level: getting 10K to show up for Spring Game.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

3800 seems like alot for usf

we should do away with spring game

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

3800 seems like alot for usf

we should do away with spring game

3,800 would be a lot (for many schools).

St Pete Times USF Beat Writer said this about the crowd: "The attendance at Raymond James Stadium was announced as 3,800, but never looked to be more than 1,500 or so on a chilly Saturday night."

Still sounds like it was better then last year. (I think UCF only had 2 crowds in that 1,500-2,000 range--when Culpepper was here.

KL

Guest S.  Bien

3,800 would be a lot (for many schools).

St Pete Times USF Beat Writer said this about the crowd: "The attendance at Raymond James Stadium was announced as 3,800, but never looked to be more than 1,500 or so on a chilly Saturday night."

Still sounds like it was better then last year. (I think UCF only had 2 crowds in that 1,500-2,000 range--when Culpepper was here.

KL

I wish we had Greg's angle because there was easily 3,500 in the stands, but this just gives you guys more fuel...

Besides, like we care at this point.