• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Email: Clear Bag Policy Returns for USF Football Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

FYI:

Clear Bag

Tampa Sports Authority implements policy for all Raymond James Stadium events effective immediately.

All fans will be offered a zip-lock style clear bag upon entering stadium parking lots for game one.

In adherence with enhanced security measures implemented for all events held at Raymond James Stadium, a clear bag and metal detection screening policy will be in effect for all USF Football home games.

The Tampa Sports Authority has put the new security measures in place effective immediately for all events held at Raymond James Stadium. The enhanced security measures are the same as those that have been in place since 2013 for all Tampa Bay Buccaneers home football games and will now be in place for all events, including the Outback Bowl, the Monster Jam Series and USF Football games. 

For USF’s 2016 home opener vs. Towson on Saturday, September 3rd, all fans will be offered a zip-lock style clear bag by stadium parking lot attendants as they enter Raymond James Stadium parking lots. 

Under the enhanced policy, fans are allowed to carry in no more than one approved clear bag (not to exceed 12”x6”x12”) and up to one small clutch-style bag (not to exceed 4.5”x6.5”). The policy only restricts the type and size of containers used to carry items, but the list of approved items has not changed.

Fans may still carry usual items such as keys, wallets, makeup, phones, etc., in pockets or jackets in addition to the approved containers that are detailed below. Patrons with medically necessary items will be screened at specifically  designated gate locations.

Fans entering the stadium may carry the following permissible style and size bag:

• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12”x6”X12”.
  • One-gallon (or smaller) clear plastic bag.
  • Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (no larger than 4.5”x6.5”), with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
  • An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at specific gates designated for this purpose. Fans should contact the Tampa Sports Authority office 48 hours in advance by calling  813-350-6500 or go to www.raymondjamesstadium.com to make special medical needs arrangements.

Additionally, everyone entering the stadium will be subject to metal detection screening for prohibited items. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:

• Purses larger than a clutch bag.
  • Binocular  cases, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs or cinch bags.
  • Luggage of any kind.
  • Seat cushions.
  • Computer  bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.

“The Tampa Sports Authority continues to provide a safe and secure environment  for our fans at Raymond James Stadium,” said Eric Hart, President/CEO of the Tampa Sports Authority, operators of Raymond James Stadium. “The enhanced  security measures are being implemented in cooperation with all our partners and will continue to put public safety as our top priority.”

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and if you have any questions, please call 1-800-Go-Bulls or send an email to bullstickets@usf.edu.

Go Bulls!

BULLS-UNITE-signature-web

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

I saw this today as well. My wife and I had our first born last November and I'm pretty amped to bring my daughter to her first game on 9/3. With that being said, anyone have experience bringing an infant to games? Anything i should bring or not being specifically?

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

Kind of off-topic, but anyway . . .

been taking both of my kids to USF games since they were infants (now 6 & 11)

Plan on standard baby bag stuff (change of clothes, diapers, wipes).  There are private changing rooms at the stadium if you ask and family bathrooms as well.  

You will need some sort of ear plugs (we used to get the soft silicone ones from Walgreens), along with some soft age appropriate toys.

Be patient and realize that you might miss large portions of the game or have to leave early (up to and including just after kickoff)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

All fans will be offered a zip-lock style clear bag upon entering stadium parking lots for game one.

Will that be pre-filled?

Edited by ToroDeFuego
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

The joys of multiculturalism.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, BrowardBull17 said:

I saw this today as well. My wife and I had our first born last November and I'm pretty amped to bring my daughter to her first game on 9/3. With that being said, anyone have experience bringing an infant to games? Anything i should bring or not being specifically?

You are braver than I.  

Sounds like Bowman knows what's up.

Might want your mobi wrap or ergo carrier if you have one.  

Be careful in the heat.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

liveinfearliveinfearliveinfear.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Last year the plastic bags weren't an issue.  It was nice to be able to use my USF football bag.  Now have to back to the crappy plastic.  Oh well, at least I still have the one issued to me a few years ago with my season tickets.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  1

You can always take the baby IN the clear bag.  Just be sure to cut some air holes.