• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some of you people

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

While I dont condone everything said on this board Mr. BullsandBills it really does not amount to much as the audience is limited. THis site is really filled with some serious and not so serious people and had you got to know them you would not be attacking.  Either you are with us or against us. Sign on or sign off.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I haven't said anything yet, not that my opinion matters any more than anyone else. I have no problem with what Joey did. He simply did his job to cover his beat. Seeing him having to defend himself on twitter is fans going too far. 

Now, what Martin did was be a pompous windbag.  His column didn't need to be written. How about 10 columns supporting USF's quest to improve it's conference for every 1 negative one. With that said, I would never make a personal attack on him or wish him harm. I will just vote with my eyes and not read him and let the Times know that they can do better. 

• Upvote 4

Guest PCBull14
40 minutes ago, BullsandBills95 said:

THE ONLY MEDIA OUTLET IN THE WORLD THAT ACTUALLY PROVIDES USF COVERAGE direct your anger toward the athletic communications department and whoeever is leading the charge there.

Maybe if they provided decent coverage he wouldn't be thrown under the bus. Quite frankly USF would be better off without them and providing all of its own coverage. Plenty of positives to talk about at USF, it's not our fault the TBT and it's reporters decide to focus on the negatives. Open your eyes and look around the University and it's athletic programs. If you can't see the positive vibes...then you must be walking around trying to only see the negatives.

Edited by PCBull14

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

26 minutes ago, BullsandBills95 said:

EDIT: Mentioning Knight, I saw someone that claimed him and MF would get caught in an airport bathroom. That's disgusting. As far as I know both have families. For someone to say that is not what we should stand for. They're doing their jobs.

Also meant to post that whoever said this, and the person that posted that MF likes to frequent the Beefs in Lutz or what not, that's ********.  No one has any business posting that stuff or trying to incite anything. I agree with you on this note.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  97

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Question:  who tweeted the viral picture of the misspelling that found its way to ESPN and other news outlets?  Pretty sure that was Joey.  IMO, the correct and professional thing to do would have been to contact the communications office and let them know, or at least not FOCUS on the misspell.  This is a pretty big deal.  

I'm not coming out and saying he hates USF, but I'm sure he's a nice guy when you meet him the ONE time like you apparently did.  I'm also sure that he's not going to share an anti-USF sentiment with some random Joe he meets, especially one who's at a USF practice watching as a USF fan.  You haven't really proved anything anyone's said about his attitude toward USF with this post, and I definitely feel you need to rethink the way you came across on your first post.

Why should I thank him for doing his job, especially in what I consider an unprofessional manner by putting my alma mater in position to be viewed in a negative light?

Overall, I think this is the dumbest thing in the world to get panties in a wad over, but let's remember that this whole brouhaha happened because JK chose to focus on a misspelling in his tweet and that became useful fodder for morons like Brett McMurphy and Jake Trotter at ESPN.  It sure would have been nice for him to let his source know that there was a misspelling in the copy before releasing it, or just releasing the whole thing without focusing on the error.  But scooping > journalistic integrity these days.  Maybe this is why USF "treats the media" poorly these days, because reporters like Knight can't be trusted to be fair to USF.  If anyone deserves anything, I'd say JK should be barred from ever walking through the doorways of the athletic department again.  But I'll bet USF won't do that, and they'll rise above that.  And they'll deserve mad props if they do that.  

HE SAID HIMSELF HE DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE OR POINT OUT THERE WAS A MISSPELLING UNTIL PEOPLE COMMENTING ON TWITTER POINTED IT OUT. CAN YOU NOT READ? HOW IS ANY OF THIS HIS FAULT? USF SHOULD HAVE PROOFREAD AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN BEFORE SENDING THAT MATERIAL OUT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 13

Guest PCBull14
Just now, BullsandBills95 said:

HE SAID HIMSELF HE DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE OR POINT OUT THERE WAS A MISSPELLING UNTIL PEOPLE COMMENTING ON TWITTER POINTED IT OUT. CAN YOU NOT READ? HOW IS ANY OF THIS HIS FAULT? USF SHOULD HAVE PROOFREAD AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN BEFORE SENDING THAT MATERIAL OUT.

Go eat a snickers. You're not yourself when your hungry.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, BullsandBills95 said:

HE SAID HIMSELF HE DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE OR POINT OUT THERE WAS A MISSPELLING UNTIL PEOPLE COMMENTING ON TWITTER POINTED IT OUT. CAN YOU NOT READ? HOW IS ANY OF THIS HIS FAULT? 

Did he, or did he not post a picture of the misspelling and tweet it out - apparently after he was notified of it ... ?  A simple yes or no will suffice.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  97

4 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Maybe if they provided decent coverage he wouldn't be thrown under the bus. Quite frankly USF would be better off without them and providing all of its own coverage. Plenty of positives to talk about at USF, it's not our fault the TBT and it's reporters decide to focus on the negatives. Open your eyes and look around the University and it's athletic programs. If you can't see the positive vibes...then you must be walking around trying to only see the negatives.

Yeah that 7-24 men's basketball program sure is on its way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I haven't said anything yet, not that my opinion matters any more than anyone else. I have no problem with what Joey did. He simply did his job to cover his beat. Seeing him having to defend himself on twitter is fans going too far.

Now, what Martin did was be a pompous windbag.  His column didn't need to be written. How about 10 columns supporting USF's quest to improve it's conference for every 1 negative one. With that said, I would never make a personal attack on him or wish him harm. I will just vote with my eyes and not read him and let the Times know that they can do better. 

What's the point in having Twitter if you don't want any comments?  I don't have one, so nobody gives me any crap...

• Upvote 4