• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some of you people

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  0

.... really should be ashamed of yourselves and the way you have dragged others through the mud on here. I have been a casual reader of this board, and to see some of the things that I have seen written about the people who cover the football program is downright ugly. I felt that as a fellow Bull, I needed to speak up.

So many of you have jumped to conclusions on things regarding USF's screw up in that letter to the Big 12, even going as far as blaming the REPORTER for even putting it out. I met and talked to Joey Knight last year one of the practices that were open to the public and I can tell you that he really seemed like a nice guy. He even took the time to answer my questions. Where some of you think that he is out to "get" USF or whatever your idiotic opinions are I have no idea. From what he said on Twitter this morning, he NEVER received a "Draft" like some of you have theorized. He said he requested the information and THE SCHOOL gave him what they were set to SEND to the Big 12. From what I've read on his timeline, he didn't even see the error until someone pointed it out. He was simply posting the information and when the misspelling started spreading like wild fire, that's when USF sent him a BRAND NEW corrected document.

In all seriousness, you all should be thanking him for even posting it, WHICH WAS HIS JOB TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE. and really, If some UCF fan from Disneyland didn't catch the misspelling, that document WOULD HAVE BEEN SENT TO THE BIG 12 WITH THE ERROR.

This is all  USF's fault, and quite frankly the way I've heard they treat the media, they deserve to get it thrown back in their face. Some of you should really think before you post and stop drooling all over your keyboards. Maybe instead of spreading hate about THE ONLY MEDIA OUTLET IN THE WORLD THAT ACTUALLY PROVIDES USF COVERAGE direct your anger toward the athletic communications department and whoeever is leading the charge there.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 19

• Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  0

I'm glad to be here. Been reading here for years and following Brad on Twitter and thought I would join. When you think about it, Apis, what positives have there been to write about? I wasn't a fan of the column either but for the last three months there havent been many positives to write about USF. If we can't get into the Big 12, it will be our own fault. People who use the media as a scapegoat are no better than the dolts that nominated Trump.

EDIT: Mentioning Knight, I saw someone that claimed him and MF would get caught in an airport bathroom. That's disgusting. As far as I know both have families. For someone to say that is not what we should stand for. They're doing their jobs.

Edited by BullsandBills95
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I'm not really concerned with his involvement in Typogate 2016 -- I hold no ill will against him for it. If anything, it is one of the closer things he's done to actual journalism.

I just think he's not good at his job. He's essentially an aggregator from other media outlets 99% of the time and adds almost zero additional information in doing so. When he's not aggregating, he's predictable and boring.

I'm sure that he (or anyone in that position) is drastically underpaid by the Times in comparison to the work that is expected of him, so I fault the Times just as much.

Edited by Raetus
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

who-you-calling-you-people.jpg

Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Guest PCBull14
29 minutes ago, BullsandBills95 said:

.... really should be ashamed of yourselves and the way you have dragged others through the mud on here. I have been a casual reader of this board, and to see some of the things that I have seen written about the people who cover the football program is downright ugly. I felt that as a fellow Bull, I needed to speak up.

So many of you have jumped to conclusions on things regarding USF's screw up in that letter to the Big 12, even going as far as blaming the REPORTER for even putting it out. I met and talked to Joey Knight last year one of the practices that were open to the public and I can tell you that he really seemed like a nice guy. He even took the time to answer my questions. Where some of you think that he is out to "get" USF or whatever your idiotic opinions are I have no idea. From what he said on Twitter this morning, he NEVER received a "Draft" like some of you have theorized. He said he requested the information and THE SCHOOL gave him what they were set to SEND to the Big 12. From what I've read on his timeline, he didn't even see the error until someone pointed it out. He was simply posting the information and when the misspelling started spreading like wild fire, that's when USF sent him a BRAND NEW corrected document.

In all seriousness, you all should be thanking him for even posting it, WHICH WAS HIS JOB TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE. and really, If some UCF fan from Disneyland didn't catch the misspelling, that document WOULD HAVE BEEN SENT TO THE BIG 12 WITH THE ERROR.

This is all  USF's fault, and quite frankly the way I've heard they treat the media, they deserve to get it thrown back in their face. Some of you should really think before you post and stop drooling all over your keyboards. Maybe instead of spreading hate about THE ONLY MEDIA OUTLET IN THE WORLD THAT ACTUALLY PROVIDES USF COVERAGE direct your anger toward the athletic communications department and whoeever is leading the charge there.

Maybe you need them to point out your spelling mistake!

Watch that you people comment bruh.