• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Parking Pass Benefits?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Mike, I think in your scenario, USF would only lose $5,000. 5000 spots sold @ $5 ea =  $25,000. Payout to TSA, 2000 spots @ $15 ea = $30,000 ..... but you'd think they'd cut off the sales at the number allotted by the TSA to begin with. Bottom line, though, is that if you're a season ticket holder and planning to park on TSA property anyway, buying the season parking from USF is pretty much a no brainer, IMO. $15 to park is a good price and it's one of those much needed little "fund raisers" that helps out USF.

I agree on the final point, yes get the pass. 

I might not have been clear. Lets say 7 games = $105, but USF sells them for $95. If USF gets 3000 passes in their contract, but sells 5000. Then the TSA will expect USF to pay them for the 2000 passes at $105 (because USF gets to keep the money from the first 3000 passes no matter what price they happened to sell them at), but USF only sold them for $95, so on those 2000 passes USF would lose $20,000..... but that example is all hypothetical. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

15 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I agree on the final point, yes get the pass. 

I might not have been clear. Lets say 7 games = $105, but USF sells them for $95. If USF gets 3000 passes in their contract, but sells 5000. Then the TSA will expect USF to pay them for the 2000 passes at $105 (because USF gets to keep the money from the first 3000 passes no matter what price they happened to sell them at), but USF only sold them for $95, so on those 2000 passes USF would lose $20,000..... but that example is all hypothetical. 

Got it.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

12 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

USF is allotted 3,000 spots to sell, I don't believe they can sell more parking passes than that.

I'm not certain of the number, but you are correct that TSA caps the number of parking spaces that USF can sell.

9 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I'm not certain of the number, but you are correct that TSA caps the number of parking spaces that USF can sell.

Unless it has changed, I believe the opposite is true. TSA would love every spot sold via a parking pass. There is no reason to cap it (and there was never a cap in the 16 years I sold them for Athletics). Its just USF has to turn over the complete cost of every pass sold after its contractual allotment.

Selling parking passes means TSA gets full revenue even if the passes are not used. So a game in a monsoon, if the passes are sold, then TSA gets money. If no passes are sold then the monsoon hurts revenue. 

12 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Then, why does USF limit the number of parking passes season ticket holders can purchase?

When you rank lots by donor level, you can't let one big donor buy 100 passes for all of their friends. This would remove the motivation for all those friends from becoming donors to have the right to buy into the same lot. 

Plus, USF may not want the hassle of selling a bunch of passes they lose money on, so they may not want to sell more than their contractual allotment, but that doesn't mean TSA wouldn't want them to. 

Remember even if USF sells the pass for $105 and then pays TSA $105, it loses money ....credit card transaction fees and the cost to print the passes. 

8 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

I understand that, however they also limited the number of passes in the non-donor lots, despite the fact that those lots were far from full.

I don't believe non donors can buy season parking from USF. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't believe non donors can buy season parking from USF. 

Correct you have to donate at least $100

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

As I recall, That was not the case a few seasons ago.  Lots 6 and 7 were non donor lots.

I just got an email from my rep offering the passes. But we are $50 donors, so to get it we would have to up our donation.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

4 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Unless it has changed, I believe the opposite is true. TSA would love every spot sold via a parking pass. There is no reason to cap it (and there was never a cap in the 16 years I sold them for Athletics). Its just USF has to turn over the complete cost of every pass sold after its contractual allotment. 

You worded it better, Mike, thanks. TSA caps the amount of money USF retains from the sale of parking passes, the rest goes to TSA.

1 hour ago, Ned A Starr said:

As I recall, That was not the case a few seasons ago.  Lots 6 and 7 were non donor lots.

There was no such thing as non donor and donor lots for season parking passes. Before 2015, you were allotted so many parking passes depending on how many season tix you had, maxed out at 6 parking spots. Your lot location was based on your order of preference of the lots that USF controlled, submitted when you purchased the parking, and where you fell with Priority Points.