• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Parking Pass Benefits?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I'm not certain of the number, but you are correct that TSA caps the number of parking spaces that USF can sell.

4 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Unless it has changed, I believe the opposite is true. TSA would love every spot sold via a parking pass. There is no reason to cap it (and there was never a cap in the 16 years I sold them for Athletics). Its just USF has to turn over the complete cost of every pass sold after its contractual allotment.

21 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

You worded it better, Mike, thanks. TSA caps the amount of money USF retains from the sale of parking passes, the rest goes to TSA.

I don't think it's that TSA caps the amount of money, they cap the number of parking passes USF retains the money from. USF can do whatever they want with those 3,000 (also the number I heard originally) but it sounds like if they need more than their allotted amount, they pay TSA $15/per.

Mike, do you know if they ever sold more than their allotment?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

This brings up an interesting idea as an additional revenue source for an OCS. USF could section off parking areas and designate ones next to the stadium to be sold as "Season Pass" spaces and thus come with a premium price. There could also be sections designated for Tailgating with extra wide spaces and be only available to those purchasing a "Tailgate Pass".

It makes me think. Hmm...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

52 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't think it's that TSA caps the amount of money, they cap the number of parking passes USF retains the money from. USF can do whatever they want with those 3,000 (also the number I heard originally) but it sounds like if they need more than their allotted amount, they pay TSA $15/per.

Yay, semantics!

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

TSA caps the amount of money USF retains from the sale of parking passes, the rest goes to TSA.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

18 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Yay, semantics!

It's not semantics ..................... this time. ;)

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

So, my knowledge is limited on this. For most of the time I was on the inside USF didn't get any parking revenue and we just sold the passes as a service to our season ticket holders and passed all the money over to the TSA. Right near the end of my time in Athletics (or maybe right after I left) USF got a better contract that gave them X parking spaces (I think 3,000).  I never tracked out parking totals when USF got nothing, because I didn't care and I didn't have the inside knowledge to know the numbers after I left. 

27 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

So, my knowledge is limited on this. For most of the time I was on the inside USF didn't get any parking revenue and we just sold the passes as a service to our season ticket holders and passed all the money over to the TSA. Right near the end of my time in Athletics (or maybe right after I left) USF got a better contract that gave them X parking spaces (I think 3,000).  I never tracked out parking totals when USF got nothing, because I didn't care and I didn't have the inside knowledge to know the numbers after I left. 

Wow, I thought the parking pass perk USF got had been there since the beginning ... Hopefully the more limited passes available mean they anticipate selling them out, which would mean a cool over quarter million in revenue.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

They better be selling them out. Otherwise refusing to sell them to non season ticket holders is a bad business plan.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

They better be selling them out. Otherwise refusing to sell them to non season ticket holders is a bad business plan.

I assume you mean non Bulls Club members ...

2 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

Then, why were there parking passes marked 'Lot 6 ND'?

I remember seeing signs in Lot 6 designating the row(s) as "Herd", "Varsity" and I believe "Green Jacket".  

No idea how far back you're talking about but in the years immediately preceding 2015, and not sure how far back it goes, there were no lots designated donor or non-donor for season parking passes. If you had football season tix all the season parking pass lots were in play, but your final location was based on your submitted lot preferences and Priority Points.

1 hour ago, Ned A Starr said:

Not that far back....2012 to 2006

Looks like the way prior to 2015 goes back to 2008. What you're remembering must be before that. A nostalgic blast from the past:

On 5/6/2008 at 5:00 PM, Eric_Soncrant said:

Hey guys:

Just a couple explanations.  The cost of a season parking pass did not change this year.  It was $60 about 4-5 years ago but was the same price this year as last.

We've added a season ticket holder lot on the north side which is Lot 3.

The way the system will work is everyone will be ranked by their priority points which is a calculated using a combination of giving history, season ticket history, loyalty points (alumnus, former student athlete, etc.), and season ticket usage.  We will be mailing everyone their priority points in July and what rank that puts them among our active accounts.  Beginning with the highest ranked individual we will then assign parking.  Once we run out of passes for a certain lot, we will no longer put anyone else in that lot.

It will at least make things more consistent as far as where you can expect to park from game to game (with homecoming being the obvious exception).  We should be able to reasonably guarantee as well that you will have a spot in your assigned lot which hasn't always been the case.  The deadline will also prevent last minute changes happening when people buy tickets 2 weeks before the season as they will now get parking wherever it is left as opposed to based upon their giving level.

Hope these explanations are helpful and if you have specific questions I'll be more than happy to respond as quickly as I can.

Eric